DAVIE (CBSMiami) – A precautionary Boil Water Advisory has been issued for a section of Davie.
Due to construction work east of the Florida Turnpike on Old Griffin Road a water main break occurred. Businesses and residents between State Road 7 west to the Florida Turnpike and from the New River Canal south to Stirling Road are under a precautionary boil water notice.
Those who live and work in the impacted area are advised that all water used for drinking, cooking, making ice, brushing teeth, or washing dishes be boiled. A rolling boil of one minute should be sufficient.
The water is just fine for bathing, laundry and irrigation. All fixtures should be run for several minutes to clear the lines.
Davie officials said the boil water notice will remain in effect until bacteriological testing shows it is safe to drink. The testing should take approximately 36-48 hours to complete.
- FIU Temporarily Suspends Greek Life Over ‘Growing Concerns’
- Good Samaritan Stops Would-be Burglar In His Tracks
- Police Search For Suspect After Young Boy Is Shot And Killed In Miami-Dade
- Exclusive: Rubio Votes Yes On Tax Plan But Says “We Have A Long Way To Go” On Economic Policy
- Coach Arrested In NY With Teen Booked Into Florida Jail