DAVIE (CBSMiami) – A precautionary Boil Water Advisory has been issued for a section of Davie.
Due to construction work east of the Florida Turnpike on Old Griffin Road a water main break occurred. Businesses and residents between State Road 7 west to the Florida Turnpike and from the New River Canal south to Stirling Road are under a precautionary boil water notice.
Those who live and work in the impacted area are advised that all water used for drinking, cooking, making ice, brushing teeth, or washing dishes be boiled. A rolling boil of one minute should be sufficient.
The water is just fine for bathing, laundry and irrigation. All fixtures should be run for several minutes to clear the lines.
Davie officials said the boil water notice will remain in effect until bacteriological testing shows it is safe to drink. The testing should take approximately 36-48 hours to complete.
- Vice President Pence To Make Stop In Doral To Talk Venezuela
- Court’s Mea Culpa Doesn’t Halt Execution
- Trump Announces New US Strategy In Afghanistan: ‘We’re Not Nation Building, We’re Killing Terrorists’
- 6 People Taken To Hospital After Car Slams Into School Van, Flipping It Over
- Police: No Evidence Of Shooting At Dolphin Mall; Nothing More Than A Hoax