DAVIE (CBSMiami) – A precautionary Boil Water Advisory has been issued for a section of Davie.
Due to construction work east of the Florida Turnpike on Old Griffin Road a water main break occurred. Businesses and residents between State Road 7 west to the Florida Turnpike and from the New River Canal south to Stirling Road are under a precautionary boil water notice.
Those who live and work in the impacted area are advised that all water used for drinking, cooking, making ice, brushing teeth, or washing dishes be boiled. A rolling boil of one minute should be sufficient.
The water is just fine for bathing, laundry and irrigation. All fixtures should be run for several minutes to clear the lines.
Davie officials said the boil water notice will remain in effect until bacteriological testing shows it is safe to drink. The testing should take approximately 36-48 hours to complete.
- Thanksgiving Parade Features Balloons, Bands, Heavy Security
- Miami Rescue Mission Preparing Meals For South Florida Homeless, Hungry
- Millions Of Holiday Travelers Doing So Under Worldwide Alert
- Police Searching For Suspect Who Stole Hundreds Of Christmas Trees
- Suspected Florida Robber Sorry About Holiday Heist