MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Rescue crews were called to a scene in Little Havana where an 11-year-old child was found unresponsive Sunday afternoon.
The child’s distraught father arrived from out of state. He says he still has very little information about what happened to his daughter, but told CBS4’s Maggie Newland that the child did not survive.
According to officials at the scene on NW 4 Street in Miami, a girl was transported to a hospital in extremely critical condition around 3 p.m.
What exactly happened to the girl is unclear.
Neighbors surrounded the apartment building as numerous police cars sit outside where the girl reportedly lived.
“I came down to see what was going on and all the commotion and when I came out there was a whole bunch of cop cars and they started rolling the yellow tape,” said neighbor Daniel Castillo.
He said he heard a child was badly injured.
“People started saying it was a girl, she was not all cut up but that she was bleeding and she could have been in critical condition and then I saw the ambulance and people crying,” Castillo added.
Investigators remained at the scene all day Sunday.
Miami police say homicide detectives responded to the scene and crime scene investigators carried evidence from the home.
Watch Maggie Newland’s report, click here.
- VIDEO: Man Jumps Off Pier To Save Drowning Woman In Sunny Isles Beach
- Obama Not Ready To Declare Clinton Nominee But Hints At Sanders’ Slim Chance
- Job In Jeopardy For Sweetwater Cop Accused Of Crash Cover-Up
- Man Who Tossed Alligator Into Drive-Thru Now Throwing Self To Court’s Mercy
- 5-Year Old Injured In Dade Jet Ski Accident