MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Rescue crews were called to a scene in Little Havana where an 11-year-old child was found unresponsive Sunday afternoon.
The child’s distraught father arrived from out of state. He says he still has very little information about what happened to his daughter, but told CBS4’s Maggie Newland that the child did not survive.
According to officials at the scene on NW 4 Street in Miami, a girl was transported to a hospital in extremely critical condition around 3 p.m.
What exactly happened to the girl is unclear.
Neighbors surrounded the apartment building as numerous police cars sit outside where the girl reportedly lived.
“I came down to see what was going on and all the commotion and when I came out there was a whole bunch of cop cars and they started rolling the yellow tape,” said neighbor Daniel Castillo.
He said he heard a child was badly injured.
“People started saying it was a girl, she was not all cut up but that she was bleeding and she could have been in critical condition and then I saw the ambulance and people crying,” Castillo added.
Investigators remained at the scene all day Sunday.
Miami police say homicide detectives responded to the scene and crime scene investigators carried evidence from the home.
Watch Maggie Newland’s report, click here.
- ‘There’s A Frog Floating In The Water’: Woman On Disgusting Discovery
- Bittel Stepping Down As Florida Dem Chairman Following Report He Makes Women Feel Uneasy
- Jameis Winston Denies Accusations Of Groping Uber Driver
- ‘People’ Magazine Named This Chef One Of The Sexiest In The U.S.
- These 1,100 Tiny Houses Represent Someone Who Needs A Home