MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A family quickly evacuated a boat Sunday morning after it caught fire.
Miami Fire Rescue was called to the Dinner Key Marina just after 9 a.m. to find a 24’ Bayliner engulfed in flames beside the boat ramp.
All seven of the people on board got off of the boat and only had minor scratches, said officials.
The owner said he had just put the boat in the water and was adding gas and oil to the motor when he started the engine and the engine compartment fire.
A cause of the fire has not been determined.
- City Of Miami Police Officer Arrested For Battery, False Imprisonment Following Domestic Incident
- Broward Superintendent Outlines New Security Measures For School Safety
- Austin Serial Bombing Suspect Killed Self When Cornered By Police
- Florida Couple Claims Hospital Allowed Miccosukee Police To Take Newborn Baby With Bogus Court Order
- Brother Of Confessed Parkland Gunman Visited MSD Numerous Times