MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A family quickly evacuated a boat Sunday morning after it caught fire.
Miami Fire Rescue was called to the Dinner Key Marina just after 9 a.m. to find a 24’ Bayliner engulfed in flames beside the boat ramp.
All seven of the people on board got off of the boat and only had minor scratches, said officials.
The owner said he had just put the boat in the water and was adding gas and oil to the motor when he started the engine and the engine compartment fire.
A cause of the fire has not been determined.
- Video: ‘Okinawa’ Sunk As Artificial Reef Off Pompano Beach
- Duke University Removes Damaged Robert E. Lee Statue
- Harvey Weakens To Tropical Depression
- Dems Risk Culture War Fight In Charlottesville Response
- 1 Dead, 2 Hurt In Triple Shooting In NW Miami