MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A family quickly evacuated a boat Sunday morning after it caught fire.
Miami Fire Rescue was called to the Dinner Key Marina just after 9 a.m. to find a 24’ Bayliner engulfed in flames beside the boat ramp.
All seven of the people on board got off of the boat and only had minor scratches, said officials.
The owner said he had just put the boat in the water and was adding gas and oil to the motor when he started the engine and the engine compartment fire.
A cause of the fire has not been determined.
- Cruz Drops Out Of GOP Primary After Indiana Loss To Trump
- Exclusive: The FBI’s Man Inside Opa-Locka, Part 1
- Dade Commission Final Vote On Rules For Ride-Sharing Services
- DUI Trial Underway Against Miami-Dade Commissioner
- More Zika Cases As Senator Gets Briefed On The “Front Lines” In Dade