MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A family quickly evacuated a boat Sunday morning after it caught fire.
Miami Fire Rescue was called to the Dinner Key Marina just after 9 a.m. to find a 24’ Bayliner engulfed in flames beside the boat ramp.
All seven of the people on board got off of the boat and only had minor scratches, said officials.
The owner said he had just put the boat in the water and was adding gas and oil to the motor when he started the engine and the engine compartment fire.
A cause of the fire has not been determined.
- Police: Man Threatens To “Exterminate” Gays In Wilton Manors
- 22 Arrested As ‘Operation: Bad Karma’ Sweeps Through Ft. Lauderdale
- Supporters, Opponents Put Light Between Solar Measures
- Man Tries To Lure Girl Walking To Miami School
- Dade Judge Retires After 20-Plus Years On The Bench