MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A family quickly evacuated a boat Sunday morning after it caught fire.
Miami Fire Rescue was called to the Dinner Key Marina just after 9 a.m. to find a 24’ Bayliner engulfed in flames beside the boat ramp.
All seven of the people on board got off of the boat and only had minor scratches, said officials.
The owner said he had just put the boat in the water and was adding gas and oil to the motor when he started the engine and the engine compartment fire.
A cause of the fire has not been determined.
- New Images Released Of Woman Wanted In Miami Triple Shooting
- Voters Take Advantage Of Early Voting In Dade, Broward
- Scaffolding Collapses 40-Feet Up Killing 1, Injuring 2
- Early And Mail-In Absentee Ballots On The Rise
- Clinton VP Pick Tim Kaine Talks Early Voting At FIU