MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A very valuable Cuban baseball player has reportedly defected from the island.
Yasmani Tomas is described as a hard-hitting outfielder for the Cuban team.
According to the communist party newspaper ‘Granma,” he was smuggled off the island.
A number of Cuban baseball players have defected over the years, tempted by the prospect of multi-million dollar contracts with major league clubs.
- Top Fantasy Waiver Wire Pickups For NFL Week 15
- Former Miami Hurricane Devin Hester Officially Retires From NFL
- Boomer Esiason: ‘Door Is Wide Open For The Minnesota Vikings’
- With Stanton Gone, Is Ozuna The Next Marlin To Be Dealt?
- Dolphins’ Landry Deflates Football In Epic TD Celebration