Valuable Baseball Player Reportedly Defects From Cuba
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A very valuable Cuban baseball player has reportedly defected from the island.
Yasmani Tomas is described as a hard-hitting outfielder for the Cuban team.
According to the communist party newspaper ‘Granma,” he was smuggled off the island.
A number of Cuban baseball players have defected over the years, tempted by the prospect of multi-million dollar contracts with major league clubs.
- Florida Panthers Offering Open Goalie Tryouts
- Marlins’ Giancarlo Stanton Pleased With First At-Bats
- WGC Cadillac Championship In Doral Off To A Great Start
- Audio: Charles Davis on Big O Show
- Miami Women Beat Virginia 62-52 In ACC 2nd Round