MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A very valuable Cuban baseball player has reportedly defected from the island.
Yasmani Tomas is described as a hard-hitting outfielder for the Cuban team.
According to the communist party newspaper ‘Granma,” he was smuggled off the island.
A number of Cuban baseball players have defected over the years, tempted by the prospect of multi-million dollar contracts with major league clubs.
- Fernandez Puts 25-1 Home Record On Line Vs DeGrom, Mets
- Rodney Gives Up 9th Inning Home Run, Fish Fall 5-3
- St. Thomas Aquinas Football Team Testing Concussion Goggles, First For High School Athletes
- Fantasy Football 2016: Top 10 Running Backs
- Keidel: Rooney Rule Really Not Working