Valuable Baseball Player Reportedly Defects From Cuba
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A very valuable Cuban baseball player has reportedly defected from the island.
Yasmani Tomas is described as a hard-hitting outfielder for the Cuban team.
According to the communist party newspaper ‘Granma,” he was smuggled off the island.
A number of Cuban baseball players have defected over the years, tempted by the prospect of multi-million dollar contracts with major league clubs.
- Henderson Alvarez Named Marlins’ Opening Day Starter
- Heat Host Pistons Looking To Get Back On Winning Track
- Panthers Playoff Hopes Hinge On Big Game In Ottawa
- Serena And Venus Williams To Play Fed Cup Against Italy
- Former Dolphins OL Jonathan Martin Claimed Off Waivers By Carolina