MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A very valuable Cuban baseball player has reportedly defected from the island.
Yasmani Tomas is described as a hard-hitting outfielder for the Cuban team.
According to the communist party newspaper ‘Granma,” he was smuggled off the island.
A number of Cuban baseball players have defected over the years, tempted by the prospect of multi-million dollar contracts with major league clubs.
- Mark Richt On Why Rosier Won Starting QB Job: “Focus, Discipline, Accuracy.”
- Fan Essentials: Who Won The Mayweather-McGregor Pre-Fight Buildup?
- Marlins’ Hall Of Fame Announcer Rafael ‘Felo’ Ramirez Dies At Age 94
- Randy Cross: USF, Quinton Flowers Could Get Off To A Really Hot Start
- Marlins Open Four-Game Series In Philadelphia With Doubleheader