MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A very valuable Cuban baseball player has reportedly defected from the island.
Yasmani Tomas is described as a hard-hitting outfielder for the Cuban team.
According to the communist party newspaper ‘Granma,” he was smuggled off the island.
A number of Cuban baseball players have defected over the years, tempted by the prospect of multi-million dollar contracts with major league clubs.
- Allen Tosses Five TDs, St. Thomas Aquinas Routs Tampa Plant For 7A Title
- James Moves Into 9th On Scoring List As Cavs Top Heat 114-84
- Dolphins Injury Report: Fins Deal With Issues At Linebacker Position In Week 14
- Brown Scores Four TDs, American Heritage Downs Ponte Vedra For 5A Crown
- Jeff Hardy Opens Up About TNA Wrestling, Concussion Fears, New Album