MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A very valuable Cuban baseball player has reportedly defected from the island.
Yasmani Tomas is described as a hard-hitting outfielder for the Cuban team.
According to the communist party newspaper ‘Granma,” he was smuggled off the island.
A number of Cuban baseball players have defected over the years, tempted by the prospect of multi-million dollar contracts with major league clubs.
- Keidel: NFL Championships All About Offense
- Jackpot! Raiders File To Relocate To Las Vegas
- 2017 NBA All-Star Game Starting Lineups
- CBS Sports’ Clark Kellogg Breaks Down Arizona-UCLA Pac-12 Showdown
- Panthers Head North To Face Sedin, Canucks