MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A very valuable Cuban baseball player has reportedly defected from the island.
Yasmani Tomas is described as a hard-hitting outfielder for the Cuban team.
According to the communist party newspaper ‘Granma,” he was smuggled off the island.
A number of Cuban baseball players have defected over the years, tempted by the prospect of multi-million dollar contracts with major league clubs.
- South Florida Football Fans Thrilled With Return Of Super Bowl
- Mark Richt To Donate $1 Million Toward Buiding Indoor Practice Faciltiy
- Winderman: “It’s Zero Percent Chance LeBron Could Come Back”
- Dolphins Legend Larry Little Honored At High School Alma Mater
- Dolphins’ Lippett Vying For Spot As Starting Cornerback