MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A very valuable Cuban baseball player has reportedly defected from the island.
Yasmani Tomas is described as a hard-hitting outfielder for the Cuban team.
According to the communist party newspaper ‘Granma,” he was smuggled off the island.
A number of Cuban baseball players have defected over the years, tempted by the prospect of multi-million dollar contracts with major league clubs.
- Heat, Raptors Counting On Key Players In Game 1 Of Semi-Finals
- Luol Deng A Major Reason For Heat’s Success Since Bosh Was Lost
- This Week In Golf: Brian Stuard Wins Playoff At Shortened Zurich Classic
- The Dallas Cowboys’ Terrible Draft
- No Time To Revel In Game 7 Wins For Raptors And Heat