Valuable Baseball Player Reportedly Defects From Cuba
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A very valuable Cuban baseball player has reportedly defected from the island.
Yasmani Tomas is described as a hard-hitting outfielder for the Cuban team.
According to the communist party newspaper ‘Granma,” he was smuggled off the island.
A number of Cuban baseball players have defected over the years, tempted by the prospect of multi-million dollar contracts with major league clubs.
- Dolphins Defense Can’t Stop Manning, Broncos
- Heat To Host Hornets In Second Night Of Back To Back
- Dolphins, Broncos Look Like Mirror Images
- Broncos Shuffle Backfield On Eve Of Showdown With Dolphins
- Forsberg Lifts Predators Over Panthers 3-2 In SO