MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A very valuable Cuban baseball player has reportedly defected from the island.
Yasmani Tomas is described as a hard-hitting outfielder for the Cuban team.
According to the communist party newspaper ‘Granma,” he was smuggled off the island.
A number of Cuban baseball players have defected over the years, tempted by the prospect of multi-million dollar contracts with major league clubs.
- Panthers Flayed By Flyers In 5-1 Loss
- Miami Heat’s Rodney McGruder Undergoes Successful Surgery
- Miami Hurricanes Hero Darrell Langham Stays Humble Amidst Newfound Fame
- Gore, Hester, Coker Headline UM Sports Hall Of Fame 2018 Class
- Broward Commissioners Honor Female Hollywood Hills QB Who Threw Historic TD Pass