Valuable Baseball Player Reportedly Defects From Cuba
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A very valuable Cuban baseball player has reportedly defected from the island.
Yasmani Tomas is described as a hard-hitting outfielder for the Cuban team.
According to the communist party newspaper ‘Granma,” he was smuggled off the island.
A number of Cuban baseball players have defected over the years, tempted by the prospect of multi-million dollar contracts with major league clubs.
- Dolphins Center Satele Has Anchored Miami OL
- No. 18 Florida Falls To Georgetown, 66-65 in OT
- Fins To Take On The Jets Monday
- Bjugstad Scores Early, Panthers Top Hurricanes 1-0
- Keidel: Giving Thanks For Sports