MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A very valuable Cuban baseball player has reportedly defected from the island.
Yasmani Tomas is described as a hard-hitting outfielder for the Cuban team.
According to the communist party newspaper ‘Granma,” he was smuggled off the island.
A number of Cuban baseball players have defected over the years, tempted by the prospect of multi-million dollar contracts with major league clubs.
- Miami Marlins, MLB To Feature Cross-Promotion With ‘Game Of Thrones’
- Rowe On Panthers: “We Try To Be Too Fancy And Too Creative” At Home
- 30 Players: Trade For Jose De Leon Should Pay Off Quickly For Rays
- Amare Stoudemire Would “Shower Across The Street” If He Had A Gay Teammate
- Heat Host Streak-Breaking Sixers Looking For Some Revenge