Valuable Baseball Player Reportedly Defects From Cuba
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A very valuable Cuban baseball player has reportedly defected from the island.
Yasmani Tomas is described as a hard-hitting outfielder for the Cuban team.
According to the communist party newspaper ‘Granma,” he was smuggled off the island.
A number of Cuban baseball players have defected over the years, tempted by the prospect of multi-million dollar contracts with major league clubs.
- Keidel: Money, Mayhem And Madness
- Prado’s Tiebreaking Single In 8th Helps Marlins Top Nats 3-2
- Audio: Mike Wallace Talks NBA Playoffs on Kup and Crowder
- Leave The Driving To The Dolphin
- Marlins Outfielder Yelich Goes On DL With Lower Back Strain