MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A very valuable Cuban baseball player has reportedly defected from the island.
Yasmani Tomas is described as a hard-hitting outfielder for the Cuban team.
According to the communist party newspaper ‘Granma,” he was smuggled off the island.
A number of Cuban baseball players have defected over the years, tempted by the prospect of multi-million dollar contracts with major league clubs.
- Players The Miami Heat Should Make A Priority In Free Agency
- 7 Of The Best Free Agent Signings In NBA History
- Marlins Hoping For Better Results Against Last Place Braves
- Marlins Give Up Three Homers In 10-3 Loss To Tigers
- On The Rise: Jon Rahm Taking A Shortcut To The PGA Tour