MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A very valuable Cuban baseball player has reportedly defected from the island.
Yasmani Tomas is described as a hard-hitting outfielder for the Cuban team.
According to the communist party newspaper ‘Granma,” he was smuggled off the island.
A number of Cuban baseball players have defected over the years, tempted by the prospect of multi-million dollar contracts with major league clubs.
- Larry Blustein Inducted Into Broward County Sports Hall of Fame
- Affidavit States Jose Fernandez, Friends Had Strong Odor Of Alcohol
- WWE Insiders Pick Hell In A Cell
- NFL Picks Week 8: Patriots Exact Revenge On Bills While Lions Extend Winning Streak
- Haslem On Heat Roster: “I’m Going To Make Sure I Lead All These Guys”