Valuable Baseball Player Reportedly Defects From Cuba
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A very valuable Cuban baseball player has reportedly defected from the island.
Yasmani Tomas is described as a hard-hitting outfielder for the Cuban team.
According to the communist party newspaper ‘Granma,” he was smuggled off the island.
A number of Cuban baseball players have defected over the years, tempted by the prospect of multi-million dollar contracts with major league clubs.
- Miami Signs QB Jack Allison To Grant-In-Aid Agreement
- Once MLB Trade Deadline Dust Settles, Your Fantasy Roster May Need Some Tweaks
- Day 3 Of Training Camp: Fins Pad Up, Offense Clicking Early
- Marlins Hope To Bounce Back After Loss To Padres In Extras
- Baseball Plays Parity Game As Well As Any Sport