Valuable Baseball Player Reportedly Defects From Cuba
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A very valuable Cuban baseball player has reportedly defected from the island.
Yasmani Tomas is described as a hard-hitting outfielder for the Cuban team.
According to the communist party newspaper ‘Granma,” he was smuggled off the island.
A number of Cuban baseball players have defected over the years, tempted by the prospect of multi-million dollar contracts with major league clubs.
- Rookie Spotlight: Vic Beasley Will Be An Every-Down Player For Atlanta Falcons
- Dolphins Set To Host Falcons In Third Preseason Game
- St. Thomas Snaps Booker T.’s Streak, Aquinas Wins 35-3
- Evans: Skill Sets of Tannehill and Luck ‘Are Really Close’
- Beard: Brad Kaaya ‘Definitely Reminds Me of Ken Dorsey’