Valuable Baseball Player Reportedly Defects From Cuba
Get Breaking News First
Sports Fan Insider
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A very valuable Cuban baseball player has reportedly defected from the island.
Yasmani Tomas is described as a hard-hitting outfielder for the Cuban team.
According to the communist party newspaper ‘Granma,” he was smuggled off the island.
A number of Cuban baseball players have defected over the years, tempted by the prospect of multi-million dollar contracts with major league clubs.
- Jones And Ozuna Lead Marlins Over Astros 4-2
- LeBron Announces On Twitter He’ll Wear No. 23 In Cleveland
- Dolphins Practice In Pads But OL Struggles Continue
- Colts Lose Ballard For Season With Torn Achilles
- Marlins Go For Sweep Against Struggling Astros