Valuable Baseball Player Reportedly Defects From Cuba
Get Breaking News First
Sports Fan Insider
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A very valuable Cuban baseball player has reportedly defected from the island.
Yasmani Tomas is described as a hard-hitting outfielder for the Cuban team.
According to the communist party newspaper ‘Granma,” he was smuggled off the island.
A number of Cuban baseball players have defected over the years, tempted by the prospect of multi-million dollar contracts with major league clubs.
- Miami Heat Goes Pink, Announces Free Scrimmage Game
- NHL Commish Bettman Says League Has No Plans To Expand
- 5 Biggest Fantasy Disappointments Of Week 3
- My Favorite Course: Davis Love III
- LeBron Fan Can Return To Arena After Team Lifts Ban