Valuable Baseball Player Reportedly Defects From Cuba
Get Breaking News First
Sports Fan Insider
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A very valuable Cuban baseball player has reportedly defected from the island.
Yasmani Tomas is described as a hard-hitting outfielder for the Cuban team.
According to the communist party newspaper ‘Granma,” he was smuggled off the island.
A number of Cuban baseball players have defected over the years, tempted by the prospect of multi-million dollar contracts with major league clubs.
- Wright Drives In 3, Lifts Mets Over Marlins 8-6
- Top 5 Ridiculous U.S. Open Moments
- 49ers’ Harbaugh Says Team Won’t Keep A Player Guilty Of Domestic Violence
- Patriots Visit Dolphins In 2014 NFL Season Opener
- NFL Suspends Colts Owner Irsay 6 Games, Fines Him $500K