Valuable Baseball Player Reportedly Defects From Cuba
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A very valuable Cuban baseball player has reportedly defected from the island.
Yasmani Tomas is described as a hard-hitting outfielder for the Cuban team.
According to the communist party newspaper ‘Granma,” he was smuggled off the island.
A number of Cuban baseball players have defected over the years, tempted by the prospect of multi-million dollar contracts with major league clubs.
- Hurricanes Pick Up Another Comeback Win At ACC Tournament
- Marlins Face Orioles Looking For First Series Win In Weeks
- Jennings Gets 1st Win, Marlins Top Orioles 1-0 In 13 Innings
- Marlins Place Starters Alvarez, Latos On Disabled List
- Are Injured Veterans Worth The Risk In Fantasy Baseball?