Valuable Baseball Player Reportedly Defects From Cuba
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A very valuable Cuban baseball player has reportedly defected from the island.
Yasmani Tomas is described as a hard-hitting outfielder for the Cuban team.
According to the communist party newspaper ‘Granma,” he was smuggled off the island.
A number of Cuban baseball players have defected over the years, tempted by the prospect of multi-million dollar contracts with major league clubs.
- Marlins Announce 1-Year Deal With OF Ichiro Suzuki
- Red Wings Beat Panthers 5-4
- Balanced Bucks Beat Heat, 109-102
- Mayweather & Pacquiao Exchange Phone Numbers At Heat Game
- Audio: Matt Miller Joins Kup and Crowder