Valuable Baseball Player Reportedly Defects From Cuba
Get Breaking News First
Sports Fan Insider
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A very valuable Cuban baseball player has reportedly defected from the island.
Yasmani Tomas is described as a hard-hitting outfielder for the Cuban team.
According to the communist party newspaper ‘Granma,” he was smuggled off the island.
A number of Cuban baseball players have defected over the years, tempted by the prospect of multi-million dollar contracts with major league clubs.
- Wade Leads Late Charge, Miami Tops Houston 90-85
- Jordan Rejoins Dolphins After Sitting Out Six Games
- Dorsett On A Record Pace For Hurricanes
- ‘Citrus Bowl’ Name Back After Twelve Years
- DEA Arrests Alleged MLB PED Supplier