FORT MYERS (CBSMiami/AP) — Two southwest Florida women died after their car went off the road and overturned, according to authorities.
The Florida Highway Patrol reports that 21-year-old Mikia Lynn Rogers was driving along a Fort Myers road Friday morning when the crash occurred. A witness said the SUV was traveling at a high rate of speed as it approached a curve.
Rogers and her passenger, 37-year-old Jacqueline Cherry, both died at the scene. Neither was wearing a seatbelt.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- BSO Arrests Father, Girlfriend In Death Of Toddler
- Fort Lauderdale Commissioner Wants To Ban Sale Of Assault Rifles At Local Gun Show
- Employee Murdered At Cutler Bay Storage Facility
- Caught On Camera: Woman With Toy Gun In Confrontation With Officer
- Ft. Lauderdale Expands Water Advisory Over Sewer Main Breaks