FORT MYERS (CBSMiami/AP) — Two southwest Florida women died after their car went off the road and overturned, according to authorities.
The Florida Highway Patrol reports that 21-year-old Mikia Lynn Rogers was driving along a Fort Myers road Friday morning when the crash occurred. A witness said the SUV was traveling at a high rate of speed as it approached a curve.
Rogers and her passenger, 37-year-old Jacqueline Cherry, both died at the scene. Neither was wearing a seatbelt.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Drive-By Leaves 6 Shot, 2 Dead Outside Wake In Miami
- Sinkholes Lead To Mess On Turnpike Near Hard Rock Stadium
- National Hurricane Center Issues Advisory For Strengthening Gaston
- Investigators Search For Connection In Deaths On North Miami Beach
- Tim Kaine Talks Small Business To Local Leaders In Pembroke Pines