FORT MYERS (CBSMiami/AP) — Two southwest Florida women died after their car went off the road and overturned, according to authorities.
The Florida Highway Patrol reports that 21-year-old Mikia Lynn Rogers was driving along a Fort Myers road Friday morning when the crash occurred. A witness said the SUV was traveling at a high rate of speed as it approached a curve.
Rogers and her passenger, 37-year-old Jacqueline Cherry, both died at the scene. Neither was wearing a seatbelt.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- ‘Bluebloods’ Star Tom Selleck Honored In Miami Beach
- Man Accused Of Impersonating Miami Beach Police Officer Won’t Be Charged
- Arrest Made After Off-Duty Doral Officer Shot During Robbery
- Large Protest Takes Place In Downtown Miami Over Immigration
- Robocalls Are Getting Smarter But These Apps Can Help Prevent Them