DAVIE (CBSMiami) – Miami Dolphins running back Knowshon Moreno has been used sparingly during the team’s minicamp this week and the only information given was that he was battling a medical issue.
According to ProFootballTalk.com, a source with knowledge of the situation is saying that the issue is with Moreno’s left knee and that he may need arthroscopic surgery during the lull between minicamp and Training Camp, which will begin on July 24.
The injury is nothing major and Moreno should be back from the minor procedure in time for training camp.
This isn’t the first time Moreno has had knee issues. Back in 2011 he tore the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his right knee.
Moreno has not been impressing during his short time with the Dolphins and thus far has been outplayed by Miami’s starting running back of a season ago, Lamar Miller, who Moreno was expected to start ahead of when he was signed as a free agent.
- Report: Dolphins Seek Long Term Deal For Jarvis Landry
- Bills QB Shuffle Continues: Taylor To Start Against Miami
- Michael Thomas: LeBron James Would Make A Great Politician
- Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross’ RISE Program Hosts Local High School Students At Hard Rock Stadium
- Dolphins’ Xavien Howard Named AFC Defensive Player Of The Week