DAVIE (CBSMiami) – Miami Dolphins running back Knowshon Moreno has been used sparingly during the team’s minicamp this week and the only information given was that he was battling a medical issue.
According to ProFootballTalk.com, a source with knowledge of the situation is saying that the issue is with Moreno’s left knee and that he may need arthroscopic surgery during the lull between minicamp and Training Camp, which will begin on July 24.
The injury is nothing major and Moreno should be back from the minor procedure in time for training camp.
This isn’t the first time Moreno has had knee issues. Back in 2011 he tore the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his right knee.
Moreno has not been impressing during his short time with the Dolphins and thus far has been outplayed by Miami’s starting running back of a season ago, Lamar Miller, who Moreno was expected to start ahead of when he was signed as a free agent.
- Dolphins Preparing For Cardinals Looking To Keep Playoff Hopes Alive
- Dolphins Defense Needs Major Turnaround If Team Wants To Make Playoffs
- Andre Branch On Adam Gase: “He’s A Player’s Coach, We All Respect Him”
- Dolphins Headlines: Jay Ajayi Holds Key To ‘Fins Playoff Hopes
- Dolphins Need Ryan Tannehill To Have Best December Of His Career