BOYNTON BEACH (CBSMiami) — A man is in the hospital and an officer on administrative leave after a police-involved shooting in Boynton Beach early Thursday morning.
Detectives said Boynton Beach officers were conducting a traffic stop on a silver Honda Accord at 2:30 a.m. around the 400 block of Northwest First Avenue.
The car was occupied by five black men in their late teens to early 20’s, according to police.
One of the men ran out of the car and allegedly brandished a handgun toward an officer which is when the officer fired his gun, according to police.
It is unclear if the man had fired his gun.
Police recovered three shell casings and the man’s gun from the scene of the shooting.
The officer was not injured but the allegedly gun-wielding man was taken to Delray Medical Center.
The officer is under administrative leave as part of routine protocol while the shooting is investigated.
- Third Arrest Made In FAU Student’s Murder
- Weston Teen Loses Life Days After Being Struck By Car
- Chilliest Morning Of The Year Coming Up
- Friends Raise Money To Help Injured Motorcyclist
- Shooting Reported At Miami Carol City Senior High