MIAMI — The U.S. Coast Guard is searching for a couple from Mexico who didn’t arrive in the Florida Keys as scheduled.
Forty year old Thomas Rota and Megan Rota, 37, left Isla Mujeres, Mexico, in a 63-foot white catamaran on June 9th. The were due to make a stop over in the Dry Tortugas on Friday, June 13th and arrive in Key West the following Monday.
When the couple failed to arrive by Tuesday, a family member contacted the Coast Guard 7th District Command Center in Miami to report them overdue.
The Coast Guard issued an Urgent Marine Information Broadcast to ask boaters to keep an eye out for the missing couple.
A C-130 aircraft crew from Coast Guard Air Station Clearwater was launched to search the area.
Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of the two missing boaters are asked to contact the Coast Guard at (305) 415-6800.
- Thanksgiving Parade Features Balloons, Bands, Heavy Security
- Miami Rescue Mission Preparing Meals For South Florida Homeless, Hungry
- Millions Of Holiday Travelers Doing So Under Worldwide Alert
- Police Searching For Suspect Who Stole Hundreds Of Christmas Trees
- Suspected Florida Robber Sorry About Holiday Heist