MIAMI — The U.S. Coast Guard is searching for a couple from Mexico who didn’t arrive in the Florida Keys as scheduled.
Forty year old Thomas Rota and Megan Rota, 37, left Isla Mujeres, Mexico, in a 63-foot white catamaran on June 9th. The were due to make a stop over in the Dry Tortugas on Friday, June 13th and arrive in Key West the following Monday.
When the couple failed to arrive by Tuesday, a family member contacted the Coast Guard 7th District Command Center in Miami to report them overdue.
The Coast Guard issued an Urgent Marine Information Broadcast to ask boaters to keep an eye out for the missing couple.
A C-130 aircraft crew from Coast Guard Air Station Clearwater was launched to search the area.
Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of the two missing boaters are asked to contact the Coast Guard at (305) 415-6800.
- Mexico On The Minds Of The Trump Administration
- Punta Gorda Police Chief & Officer Charged In Accidental Death During Academy Exercise
- Police: Horseplay Ends With Teen Fatally Shooting Friend In Face
- ‘All Natural’ Food Label Means You’ll Be Willing To Pay More, Study Finds
- Police Ready For SWAT Situation At Pipeline Protest Camp