FT. LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A woman who fell victim to a “sweetheart swindler” is waiting to hear if she will be able to keep a roof over head.
Rose Marie Anglade met with a judge Tuesday who informed her she could stay in her home and pay rent as they try to figure out the next move.
Paul Francois was convicted of swindling Anglade out of nearly $300,000. The money was supposed to be used to buy the home where she lives.
The home has already been lost to foreclosure. Anglade is scheduled to be back in court in July to figure out a more permanent solution.
- Police Chief: No Truth To Reports Of Sniper In Miami Gardens
- Alabama Voters Getting Presidential Robocalls On Eve Of Special Senate Election
- 3 Injured, 1 In Custody After ‘Attempted Terrorist Attack’ In Manhattan
- Tennis Instructor Accused Of Hitting Boy With Racket Asks For Family’s Forgiveness
- BSO: Suspected Kidnapper Targeted Woman Arriving For Work