FT. LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A woman who fell victim to a “sweetheart swindler” is waiting to hear if she will be able to keep a roof over head.
Rose Marie Anglade met with a judge Tuesday who informed her she could stay in her home and pay rent as they try to figure out the next move.
Paul Francois was convicted of swindling Anglade out of nearly $300,000. The money was supposed to be used to buy the home where she lives.
The home has already been lost to foreclosure. Anglade is scheduled to be back in court in July to figure out a more permanent solution.
- Milo Yiannopoulos’ Book Deal Canceled, Uninvited To Give Speech
- Speaker Offers Money For Visit Florida… With Conditions
- Video: Firefighters Brave The Flames At Miami Pizza Joint
- Trump Taps Military Strategist As National Security Adviser
- ‘Feels Like A God Moment’: High School Hero Who Helped Save Pinned Woman