FT. LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A woman who fell victim to a “sweetheart swindler” is waiting to hear if she will be able to keep a roof over head.
Rose Marie Anglade met with a judge Tuesday who informed her she could stay in her home and pay rent as they try to figure out the next move.
Paul Francois was convicted of swindling Anglade out of nearly $300,000. The money was supposed to be used to buy the home where she lives.
The home has already been lost to foreclosure. Anglade is scheduled to be back in court in July to figure out a more permanent solution.
- Four Left In Critical Condition After Hit And Run In Miami
- South Florida Officers Go Through Intense Training For “Operation Heat Shield”
- Memorial Held For Cooper City Missionary Killed In West Africa
- Miami Dade College Inspires Women Programmers At Coding Event
- South Florida Cycles For Survival In Coral Gables