FT. LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A woman who fell victim to a “sweetheart swindler” is waiting to hear if she will be able to keep a roof over head.
Rose Marie Anglade met with a judge Tuesday who informed her she could stay in her home and pay rent as they try to figure out the next move.
Paul Francois was convicted of swindling Anglade out of nearly $300,000. The money was supposed to be used to buy the home where she lives.
The home has already been lost to foreclosure. Anglade is scheduled to be back in court in July to figure out a more permanent solution.
- BSO Deputy Faces Sex Charges Involving Underage Teen
- Family, Friends & Veterans Pay Their Respects At Viewing For Soldier Killed In Niger Ambush
- Exclusive: Rep. Wilson Spokesperson Says Threats Against Congresswoman Intensifying
- Police Need Help Finding 2 Teens Missing In Miami-Dade
- Special Recipe: KFC Twitter Account Follows 11 Herbs & Spices To The Internet’s Delight