FT. LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A woman who fell victim to a “sweetheart swindler” is waiting to hear if she will be able to keep a roof over head.
Rose Marie Anglade met with a judge Tuesday who informed her she could stay in her home and pay rent as they try to figure out the next move.
Paul Francois was convicted of swindling Anglade out of nearly $300,000. The money was supposed to be used to buy the home where she lives.
The home has already been lost to foreclosure. Anglade is scheduled to be back in court in July to figure out a more permanent solution.
- Police Continue Investigating After Homeowner Claims He Shot And Killed Burglar
- Family Friend On Teen Shooting: ‘He Didn’t Mean To Kill His Sister’
- Battered Wife Empowers Others After Dentist Repairs Her Once Damaged Smile
- Serena Williams Opens Up To Gayle King About Pregnancy, Engagement & Career
- City Leaders Confirm 8 Attempts To Extort Money In Hoax Abductions