FT. LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A woman who fell victim to a “sweetheart swindler” is waiting to hear if she will be able to keep a roof over head.
Rose Marie Anglade met with a judge Tuesday who informed her she could stay in her home and pay rent as they try to figure out the next move.
Paul Francois was convicted of swindling Anglade out of nearly $300,000. The money was supposed to be used to buy the home where she lives.
The home has already been lost to foreclosure. Anglade is scheduled to be back in court in July to figure out a more permanent solution.
- ‘I Should Feel Safe When I Come To School’: Students Stage More Walk Outs In Protest
- Rally In Tally For Common Sense Gun Laws
- ‘We Witnessed The Worst of Humanity But The Best Of The Human Spirit’: Superintendent Robert Runcie
- Grieving Father To Trump: ‘We As A Country Failed Our Children’
- Athletic Director Turned Hero, Chris Hixon, Laid To Rest Wednesday