FT. LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A woman who fell victim to a “sweetheart swindler” is waiting to hear if she will be able to keep a roof over head.
Rose Marie Anglade met with a judge Tuesday who informed her she could stay in her home and pay rent as they try to figure out the next move.
Paul Francois was convicted of swindling Anglade out of nearly $300,000. The money was supposed to be used to buy the home where she lives.
The home has already been lost to foreclosure. Anglade is scheduled to be back in court in July to figure out a more permanent solution.
- Coral Gables Cop Arrested Domestic Violence Charge
- Possible Second Terror Plot Stopped Just Hours After 13 Killed In Barcelona Van Attack
- Holocaust Survivor Believes Racism In America Is ‘Getting Worse’
- Weston Family Near Scene Of Suspected Terrorist Attack In Barcelona
- Tropical Storm Harvey Nearing Windward Islands