MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Miami-Dade police have located the vehicle of a woman who has been missing for more than a year. Officials said the car was found in a canal on Krome Avenue, one mile north of Tamiami Trail, with human remains inside.
The Blue Ford Expedition belongs to Raquel Calderin, 42, police said. She has been missing since September 5, 2012.
Watch the report, click here.
According to the Miami-Dade Police Department Homicide Bureau detectives, the missing person’s case is being investigating as a homicide.
Claderin reportedly had filed for divorce from her husband, 54-year-old Jesus Maqueira after 20 years of marriage.
Detectives said Maqueira visited Calderin’s place of employment where they argued. After Calderin left work, she was not seen or heard from again.
Foul play is suspected and Maqueira was arrested in February 2013 and charged with one count of first-degree murder and one count of aggravated stalking.
The medical examiner now has the car and is working to identify the remains.
- Maple Leafs’ Matthews Sets Rookie Scoring Mark Against Panthers
- Whiteside’s Buzzer-Beating Tip-In Lifts Heat Past Pistons
- Grant Hill On Final Four: ‘Any One Of These Teams Capable Of Winning’
- Pliskova Makes Miami Open Semis; Nishikori Reaches Quarters
- Trump Declined Nationals Invite For Opening Day 1st Pitch