MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Miami-Dade police have located the vehicle of a woman who has been missing for more than a year. Officials said the car was found in a canal on Krome Avenue, one mile north of Tamiami Trail, with human remains inside.
The Blue Ford Expedition belongs to Raquel Calderin, 42, police said. She has been missing since September 5, 2012.
Watch the report, click here.
According to the Miami-Dade Police Department Homicide Bureau detectives, the missing person’s case is being investigating as a homicide.
Claderin reportedly had filed for divorce from her husband, 54-year-old Jesus Maqueira after 20 years of marriage.
Detectives said Maqueira visited Calderin’s place of employment where they argued. After Calderin left work, she was not seen or heard from again.
Foul play is suspected and Maqueira was arrested in February 2013 and charged with one count of first-degree murder and one count of aggravated stalking.
The medical examiner now has the car and is working to identify the remains.
- Heat Celebrating 30 Years Of Basketball; Partner With Uber
- Fins Look To Avenge Jets Loss This Sunday
- Heroes Among Us: Sergeant Major Matthew Marks Called Upon Military Training To Help During Hurricane Irma
- Miami Dolphins Star WR Jarvis Landry Surprises Students With Money Talk
- Surprising Dolphins Defense Carrying Team Through Early Stages Of Season