JetBlue Flight Diverted Due To Mechanical Warning Light
NEW YORK (CBSMiami/AP) — A mechanical warning light on a JetBlue flight from Florida-to-Connecticut forced the plane to be diverted to New York City. The plane landed safely, and no one was injured.
Flight 1142 was headed Sunday from West Palm Beach, Florida, to Hartford, Connecticut, with 84 people aboard when the indicator appeared around 1:15 p.m. An airline spokesman didn’t have immediate information on exactly what the warning light signaled.
JetBlue Airways Corp. says the pilot decided to land at New York’s Kennedy Airport “in an abundance of caution.”
Airport operator the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey says the plane taxied to a gate without any problems. It was parked by 1:27 p.m.
Maintenance workers are checking out the plane. Passengers are to be taken to Hartford on another aircraft.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Truck Driver Who Fatally Struck Man In Wheelchair Speaks Out
- Taxicab Passenger Says Cab Driver Sexually Assaulted Her
- Suspected Serial Shoplifter Escapes, Later Captured In North Lauderdale
- Divers Back At Sunrise Canal In Search Of Clues In Disappearance
- Judge To Rule On Resentencing For Teen Rapist, Murderer