NEW YORK (CBSMiami/AP) — A worker was injured Friday after responding to an engine fire on a plane at New York’s La Guardia Airport, according to officials.
The Federal Aviation Administration said Delta Air Lines Flight 2166 from Orlando landed shortly before the engine caught fire at 10:25 p.m.
The FAA says airport firefighters extinguished the fire in the aircraft’s left engine.
FAA spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen says no passengers were injured but a ramp worker was taken to a hospital.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey said the injured worker was a Delta employee. Delta did not immediately return a call seeking information on the employee’s condition.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Gwen Graham Joins Battle For Governorship
- Derek Jeter & The Marlins Step Up To The Plate For Thanksgiving
- Bittel Stepping Down As Florida Dem Chairman Following Report He Makes Women Feel Uneasy
- Suspended Over Kinsey Shooting, North Miami Police Commander Now Suing City
- Double Murder Trial Begins For Man Accused Of Slaying Wilton Manors Couple