MIAMI (AP) — Andrew McCutchen hit a three-run homer and Jody Mercer also went deep, leading the Pittsburgh Pirates to an 8-6 victory over the Miami Marlins on Saturday.
Josh Harrison and Chris Stewart had three hits apiece, and the Pirates finished with 18 overall in their sixth consecutive game in double digits. Touted rookie Gregory Polanco had two hits and two RBIs.
Marcell Ozuna and Jeff Baker each hit a two-run homer in the ninth for Miami. Randy Wolf (1-3) allowed five runs and nine hits in four innings.
The Pirates (34-34) have won four straight and five of six to get back to .500 for the first time since they were 8-8 following a victory over Milwaukee on April 17.
Pittsburgh right-hander Charlie Morton pitched seven effective innings for his third consecutive win. He allowed two runs and five hits to improve to 4-1 with a 2.40 ERA in his last five starts.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Justin Bour Has 6 RBI To Help Marlins Beat Pirates 10-3
- Ichiro Suzuki Honored With Collage Showing First 3,000 Hits
- Marlins Look To Avoid Sweep Against Surging Pirates
- Losers Of 3 Straight, Marlins Send Straily To Mound
- Conley Gets Roughed Up As Marlins Lose 12-2 To Pirates