LANTANA (CBSMiami/AP) — A South Florida man continues his recovery from a vicious pit bull attack as the two dogs who attacked him were euthanized.
Palm Beach County Fire Rescue reports that the dogs attacked a man in the driveway of a vacant Lantana home Thursday morning.
Officials say two neighbors heard the man’s cries for help and attempted to drive the dogs away without success. The dogs’ owner eventually came out of his home and was able to drag the animals away.
The victim was taken to Delray Medical Center for treatment.
The owner of the dogs turned them over to Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control, which euthanized them.
It wasn’t immediately clear if the owner of the dogs would face charges.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Suspicious Package At Miami Police Station Prompts Evacuation, Detonation
- Judge Lifts Order For Mental Health Report On Broward Escapee
- Homeowner ‘Lucky One’ After 80-Foot Tree Crushes Car Near House
- Powerball Jackpot Soars To $422 Million
- Man Charged In Deadly 2015 Wrong Way Crash