South Florida Man Hospitalized After Pit Bull Attack
LANTANA (CBSMiami/AP) — A South Florida man continues his recovery from a vicious pit bull attack as the two dogs who attacked him were euthanized.
Palm Beach County Fire Rescue reports that the dogs attacked a man in the driveway of a vacant Lantana home Thursday morning.
Officials say two neighbors heard the man’s cries for help and attempted to drive the dogs away without success. The dogs’ owner eventually came out of his home and was able to drag the animals away.
The victim was taken to Delray Medical Center for treatment.
The owner of the dogs turned them over to Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control, which euthanized them.
It wasn’t immediately clear if the owner of the dogs would face charges.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Boy Killed In SUV Crash; Florida Woman Charged With DUI
- Budget, Beer, Guns, Pot And Potties On Lawmakers’ Agenda
- FIU Grant Will Fund Robots Used To Teach Middle School Students
- Astronauts Take 3rd Spacewalk To Complete Tricky Cable Job
- Funeral Held For Man Shot & Killed By Miami Gardens Police