Dreamers Take On DNC Head Debbie Wasserman Schultz
AVENTURA (CBSMiami/AP) — A group of activists are planning to protest outside the South Florida office of Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz to ask for more support on immigration issues.
Dozens plan to ask Wasserman Schultz on Friday to take a stronger lead on the immigration issue. United We Dream activists want leaders like her to urge President Obama to stop deportations of their parents and other immigrants who have been in the country for decades, paid taxes and avoided run-ins with the law.
After years of pressure from dreamers, President Barack Obama announced in 2012 that the United States would no longer deport certain youth who had been brought to the county as children and were now living in the country illegally.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Hillary Clinton Calls For Lifting Cuba Embargo At FIU
- Tallahassee Insiders Take Aim At Pot License
- Presidential Contenders Appear At National Urban League Conference
- Presidential Candidates Offer Views On Saving American Cities
- HUD Secretary Talks Local Recovery & Political Future During South Florida Stop