Officials: 2 Killed in Central Florida Plane Crash
MERRITT ISLAND (CBSMiami/AP) — Two people on board a small plane were killed when the plane crashed into a Central Florida neighborhood.
The plane crashed into a back yard in Merritt Island around 8:30 p.m. Monday. Brevard County Sheriff’s Lt. Alex Herrera says both people on board the plane were dead at the scene. No one else was injured.
Colton Primeaux watched the plane crash into his neighbor’s yard. He says he heard the plane backfire and sputter as it approached the ground.
The crash occurred about three miles from the Merritt Island airport. It wasn’t clear whether the plane had taken off or was landing.
Officials have not released the names of the victims.
Investigators from the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board are expected to visit the site Tuesday.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- 1 Child Dead, 3 Other Children Seriously Injured In Deerfield Beach Crash
- Community Pitches In To Replace Veteran’s Stolen Bike
- Hillary Clinton Rolls Into South Florida For Fundraisers
- Exclusive: Officer’s Uncle Says Officer Heartbroken Over Dogs’ Deaths
- Early Morning Crash Kills Teen In Hialeah