ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Miami Marlins catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia has been cleared to resume baseball activities, more than a week after being struck by a foul tip and going on the concussion disabled list.
Manager Mike Redmond said Tuesday that the switch-hitter took 25 swings from both the right and left sides, and played catch at their spring training facility in Jupiter, Florida.
Saltalamacchia went on the seven-day disabled list June 1, a day after being struck by a foul tip in a game against Atlanta.
Redmond says it will be a “day-by-day progression” for Saltalamacchia and that the Marlins want to make sure there are no recurring symptoms.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Steelers WR Antonio Brown Honors Miami Legends Jose Fernandez, Kimbo Slice On Cleats
- Panthers Set To Honor Jose Fernandez For Opening Night
- Marlins May Be Considering A Familiar Face For Coaching Staff
- Miami Heat Honor Jose Fernandez With Special Pregame Tribute
- Marlins Extend Prado For Three Years, Exercise Option On Ichiro