HALLANDALE BEACH (CBSMiami) – A bicyclist on his way to work was killed Sunday night when police say a driver struck him and then fled.
The incident happened Sunday at 9:45 p.m. on the 400 block of S.E. Street, according to the Hallandale Police Department.
Police have identified the victim as 43-year-old Efrain Coss.
Police say the victim was riding his bicycle eastbound on S.E. 9 Street when, according to a witness, a compact white Honda with a loud muffler struck Coss. The witness said the driver, who is described as a heavy-set white male, sped away from the area southbound on South Federal Highway from S.E. 9 Street.
The witness, police said, walked to the area of the crash and came upon the victim—who was unresponsive.
Hallandale Beach Fire Rescue responded and the victim was pronounced dead on the scene. The victim’s heavily damaged bike was found on the scene.
The vehicle involved in the crash is, according to police, is a white Honda vehicle which should have heavy front-end damage.
Anyone with information regarding the fatal hit and run is urged to call the Hallandale Beach Police Department at 954-457-1400 or Crime Stoppers, to remain anonymous, at (954) 493-TIPS.
- Night Of Glitz & Glam As Trump Hosts First State Dinner As President
- Marjory Stoneman Douglas Public Safety Commission Convenes
- Federal Judge Orders Reopening Of DACA, After 90-Day Delay
- Woman Stabbed By Husband In Babies R Us Parking Lot
- Plans Announced For Project That Would Connect Sawgrass Expressway To I-95