ORLANDO, Fla. (CBSMiami/AP) — Florida cities have made it to the ranks of best places to staycation in the country.
Some central Florida cities nabbed top spots like Tampa which ranked eighth overall and Orlando was ninth in WalletHub.com’s 2014 list of the 100 Best and Worst Cities to Staycation. Other Florida cities included on the list are St. Petersburg (No. 11), Miami (No. 63), Jacksonville (No. 75) and Hialeah (No. 85).
WalletHub considered 20 factors in determining its list, ranging from public golf courses and swimming pools per capita, to the cost of maid services.
Orlando ranked first for food and entertainment and was third for relaxation. St. Petersburg ranked fifth for recreation and seventh for relaxation.
According to WalletHub, vacationers are expected to spend $1,246 per person this summer, up 9 percent from 2013 due to rising hotel and airfare costs.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- ‘They Want Common Sense Gun Laws’: Broward Sheriff On Stoneman Douglas Students
- Many South Florida Schools Opting For Walk Outs In Wake Of School Shooting
- Parkland’s Run 4 Biegel Honors Marjory Stoneman Douglas Teacher
- Columbine Survivor Honors Hero Aaron Feis, Killed In Parkland Shooting
- Cheering Crowds Greet Stoneman Douglas Students In Tallahassee