ST. PETERSBURG (AP) — J.T. Realmuto had three RBIs in his major league debut, Marcell Ozuna homered and drove in four runs, and the Miami Marlins handed Tampa Bay its 10th consecutive loss by beating the Rays 11-6 on Thursday.
Realmuto drove in two runs on his first big league hit, a fourth-inning single, and added a sixth-inning RBI single.
Ozuna’s two-run homer put Miami up 11-6 in the ninth. Giancarlo Stanton hit his 17th home run, a two-run shot during a three-run seventh that made it 9-5.
The Marlins beat the Rays for the fourth straight time in a home-and-home interleague series.
Kevin Kiermaier and Ben Zobrist homered for the Rays, who matched the longest skid in the majors this season. Boston dropped 10 straight from May 15-25, with Tampa Bay handing them the last three losses in the streak. The Rays haven’t won since.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fernandez Tosses 7 Scoreless Innings In 3-1 Win
- Jose Fernandez Hits The Mound To Try Getting Marlins Back On Track
- Ozuna’s Streaks Snapped In Loss To Pirates
- Marlins Return Home To Open Four Game Set With Pirates
- Marlins Get First Victory Over Braves, Avoid Sweep