ST. PETERSBURG (AP) — J.T. Realmuto had three RBIs in his major league debut, Marcell Ozuna homered and drove in four runs, and the Miami Marlins handed Tampa Bay its 10th consecutive loss by beating the Rays 11-6 on Thursday.
Realmuto drove in two runs on his first big league hit, a fourth-inning single, and added a sixth-inning RBI single.
Ozuna’s two-run homer put Miami up 11-6 in the ninth. Giancarlo Stanton hit his 17th home run, a two-run shot during a three-run seventh that made it 9-5.
The Marlins beat the Rays for the fourth straight time in a home-and-home interleague series.
Kevin Kiermaier and Ben Zobrist homered for the Rays, who matched the longest skid in the majors this season. Boston dropped 10 straight from May 15-25, with Tampa Bay handing them the last three losses in the streak. The Rays haven’t won since.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Derek Jeter Poaches Longtime Yankees Exec Gary Denbo
- Future Of Marlins Roster In Limbo As Jeter Asks Fans For Patience
- New Marlins Owner Derek Jeter: “I’ve Been Focused On Miami For Years”
- Loria Out, Jeter And Sherman In As Closing On Marlins Sale Is Complete
- With Latest Disappointing Season Now Over, New Miami Marlins Ownership Takes The Wheel