NORTHWEST MIAMI-DADE (CBSMiami) – Miami and Miami-Dade Police are searching an area along NW 103rd street and NW 25th Avenue.
Miami Police say a chase that started in the city ended in the county.
That chase was reportedly related to an armed carjacking.
A helicopter searched from the air Thursday night while officers with guns drawn and K-9 units searched through yards.
Eureka Cole, who lives across the street told CBS4’s Maggie Newland she heard a crash and ran from her home.
She saw two badly damaged vehicles, but only one driver.
“Pretty shook up, just coming from work so I had to call her father for her and sat with her until they came what was she saying,” said neighbor Eureka Cole. “She was just shook up saying the car, the car, I said don’t worry about the car, thank God that she’s okay.”
Cole said she heard people ran from the other vehicle and police are searching for them.
It’s not clear how many people police are looking to find.
- Broward Circuit Judge Berates Female Inmate in Wheelchair
- Broward Sheriff Scott Israel To Face No-Confidence Vote
- Cypress Creek Could Undergo Bold Revitalization
- ‘Russians Were Trying To Interfere’: Sen. Marco Rubio On DNC Lawsuit Against Russia, WikiLeaks & Trump Campaign
- Arrest Made In Deadly NW Dade Hit And Run