DAVIE (CBSMiami) — DNA recovered in a rape investigation led to the arrest of a man nearly two years after the alleged incident.
Fabian Powell, 22, was arrested on Wednesday, June 4th for the alleged rape of a woman back in October 2012.
Powell appeared in bond court Thursday, where a judge ordered him to be held on no bond, meaning he will remain behind bars.
Police said the woman was walking home from work when the incident happened.
Detectives were able to get DNA and identify their suspect months later but were unable to find him until Wednesday, according to authorities.
On Wednesday, the Broward’s Violent Fugitive Task force along with the Davie Police Department took Powell into custody.
Powell faces one charge of sexual assault with a weapon.
- Broward County Commissioners Take First Step Towards Suing Drug Companies Over Opioid Crisis
- JetBlue Board Game With Free Flight Promotion Infuriates Customers
- NTSB Cites Weak Safety Culture By Owner Of Sunken El Faro
- Mom Testifies For Second Day In 3rd ‘Baby Lollipops’ Murder Trial
- Students Sickened After Taking Unknown Substance At School