DAVIE (CBSMiami) — DNA recovered in a rape investigation led to the arrest of a man nearly two years after the alleged incident.
Fabian Powell, 22, was arrested on Wednesday, June 4th for the alleged rape of a woman back in October 2012.
Powell appeared in bond court Thursday, where a judge ordered him to be held on no bond, meaning he will remain behind bars.
Police said the woman was walking home from work when the incident happened.
Detectives were able to get DNA and identify their suspect months later but were unable to find him until Wednesday, according to authorities.
On Wednesday, the Broward’s Violent Fugitive Task force along with the Davie Police Department took Powell into custody.
Powell faces one charge of sexual assault with a weapon.
- Trump Open To Improving Background Checks For Gun Purchases, Spokesman Says
- Stoneman Douglas High Principal Says Love Will Get Them Through The Days Ahead
- A Day Of Mourning As More School Shooting Victims Laid To Rest
- Young Girl Killed In Ft. Lauderdale Apartment Fire
- Turning Anger Into Activism: School Shooting Victims Say ‘Never Again’