MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) — Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez and San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro made a friendly wager on who will take home the championship trophy in the NBA Finals.
The upcoming rematch of the NBA finals pits the Miami Heat against the San Antonio Spurs.
Mayor Castro promised Thursday to send out to South Florida some of San Antonio’s finest food from Chef Johnny Hernandez if the reigning champions Heat win another title. If they lose, Gimenez will have to pay up with some of Miami Beach’s famous restaurant Joe’s Stone Crab.
Castro will have a chance at revenge after he lost his wager last year. After the Heat’s win, Castro traveled to Miami to participate in a beautification project.
Game 1 of the NBA finals tips off at 9 p.m. Thursday.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Nick Faldo On The Barclays: Bethpage Black ‘A Beautiful Golf Course’
- McGregor Gets 6-Month Medical Suspension, Diaz Under Investigation
- Bedard On Tannehill: “It’s Year Five, He Has To Get It Done”
- On The Rise: Brett Stegmaier, Road Warrior Stays On Tour
- Bokamper: “Steen Has Definitely Been A Pleasant Surprise So Far”