Ikea Completes Solar Installation Over Miami-Dade Store
MIAMI (CBSMiami) –Ikea has completed what it says is South Florida’s largest solar installation over its future Miami-Dade store.
The furniture retailer made the announcement Tuesday, June 3rd about the store which is set to open in Sweetwater this summer.
The company said it finished the solar installations which will be plugged in officially over the store.
The solar array, according to the company, keeps Ikea as the state’s largest non-utility solar owner.
The 178,00o-square foot solar array is made up of more than four thousand panels which will produce more than a million kilowatt-hours of electricity for the store annually.
It’s equivalent to reducing the emissions of 256 cars or providing electricity to 169 homes yearly, according to the company.
The project is part of Ikea’s goal of being energy independent by 2020.
- CBS4 Exclusive: Video Contradicts Report Of Sweetwater Officer-Involved Crash
- Live Nation’s West Palm Beach Venue Gets New Name… Again!
- Exclusive: Daughter Speaks Out After Strip Club Bouncer Gunned Down
- Eva Mendes In South Florida To Promote New Estee Lauder Line
- Concealed-Weapon Licenses Fast-Tracked For Military In Florida