MIAMI (CBSMiami) –Ikea has completed what it says is South Florida’s largest solar installation over its future Miami-Dade store.
The furniture retailer made the announcement Tuesday, June 3rd about the store which is set to open in Sweetwater this summer.
The company said it finished the solar installations which will be plugged in officially over the store.
The solar array, according to the company, keeps Ikea as the state’s largest non-utility solar owner.
The 178,00o-square foot solar array is made up of more than four thousand panels which will produce more than a million kilowatt-hours of electricity for the store annually.
It’s equivalent to reducing the emissions of 256 cars or providing electricity to 169 homes yearly, according to the company.
The project is part of Ikea’s goal of being energy independent by 2020.
- Miramar Cop Left Pinned After Biker Runs Him Down
- Nationwide Rallies Call For Climate Justice & Clean Energy Economy
- Touching Tribute To Local Veterans During Honor Flight South Florida
- Disturbing Sex Trend ‘Stealthing’ Raising Legal & Ethical Concerns
- Exclusive: Angry Mom Demands Justice After Daughter’s Encounter With Miami Cop