PORT ORCHARD, Wash. (AP) — A spokesman for Casey Kasem’s daughter says the ailing radio personality has been taken by ambulance to a hospital or medical facility in Washington state.
Danny Deraney told The Associated Press that Kerri Kasem accompanied her father when an ambulance took him Sunday afternoon to receive care. He didn’t know where the 82-year-oldentertainer went.
His condition isn’t known, but Kerri Kasem said in court Friday that her father is suffering from bedsores and lung and bladder infections. She also has said her father has a form of dementia.
Amid an ongoing dispute between Kerri Kasem and her stepmother, Jean Kasem, a Kitsap County judge ruled Friday that Kerri Kasem could have a doctor of her choosing examine her father.
The Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office has said appropriate medical care has been provided.
A message left for Jean Kasem’s representative wasn’t immediately returned.
Casey Kasem and his wife have been staying with friends west of Seattle.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Trump Tweets SNL Is “Totally Biased, Not Funny” After Skit About His Tweeting
- Madonna Slams Trump At Miami Show, Raises $7.5M For Africa
- Two Titans Of The Design World Unveil Bal Harbour Collaboration During Art Basel
- Castro’s Death Celebrations Collide With Art Basel Miami
- Perez Art Museum Miami Hosts Argentine Artist Julio Le Parc