HOMESTEAD (CBSMiami) –Law enforcement officials are investigating eight starved, emaciated horses that were turned over to the South Florida Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals over the weekend.
The horses include six Thoroughbreds and two Quarter Horses.
When animal rescue officials received the horses, they were given the lowest score possible on a body condition scale.
One of the horses is likely pregnant, said officials.
Police charged the owner of the horses with animal cruelty.
- Child Knocked Unconscious, Fractures Skull From Horse Kick
- Miami FOP Union President Relieved of Duty For Cyber-bullying
- Ultra’s 1st Night A Reminder It’s A Musical Melting Pot
- ‘We Are Going To Move On’: Speaker Ryan After Pulling GOP Health Care Bill
- Fire Breaks Out At High-Rise Building Under Construction In Brickell