HOMESTEAD (CBSMiami) –Law enforcement officials are investigating eight starved, emaciated horses that were turned over to the South Florida Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals over the weekend.
The horses include six Thoroughbreds and two Quarter Horses.
When animal rescue officials received the horses, they were given the lowest score possible on a body condition scale.
One of the horses is likely pregnant, said officials.
Police charged the owner of the horses with animal cruelty.
- South Florida Relief Efforts Bring Aid To Puerto Rico & Families Back To US
- Street Fight Scatters When Gunman Opens Fire, Hitting 2 Juveniles
- Dog’s Torture Inspires Activist Push For Tougher Laws Against Animal Abuse
- FHP Trooper Hospitalized After Being Struck By Alleged DUI Driver
- Plane Crashes After Declaring Mid-Air Emergency Near Miami Executive Airport