HOMESTEAD (CBSMiami) –Law enforcement officials are investigating eight starved, emaciated horses that were turned over to the South Florida Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals over the weekend.
The horses include six Thoroughbreds and two Quarter Horses.
When animal rescue officials received the horses, they were given the lowest score possible on a body condition scale.
One of the horses is likely pregnant, said officials.
Police charged the owner of the horses with animal cruelty.
- ‘It’s A Day Of Positivity, Not Pain’: Parkland Student Activists On National School Walkout
- Student Injured In Shooting At Ocala High School
- Nationwide Student Walkout Friday In Push For Safer Schools
- Granny Suspected Of Killing Her Husband, Florida Woman Captured In Texas
- Sheriff’s Deputies Killed In Restaurant Ambush