HOMESTEAD (CBSMiami) –Law enforcement officials are investigating eight starved, emaciated horses that were turned over to the South Florida Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals over the weekend.
The horses include six Thoroughbreds and two Quarter Horses.
When animal rescue officials received the horses, they were given the lowest score possible on a body condition scale.
One of the horses is likely pregnant, said officials.
Police charged the owner of the horses with animal cruelty.
- Teachers Return To Marjory Stoneman Douglas High To Begin Healing Process
- CBS Poll: Nearly Two-Thirds Back Stricter Gun Laws
- ‘It Comes On A Different Level For Me’: Coral Springs Sgt. On School Shooting
- Florida School Shooting: This Is Deputy Scot Peterson Who “Never Went In”
- Gov. Scott Has Three Part Action Plan For School Safety