Dolphins Experiment With Koa Misi At MLB
DAVIE (AP) – The Miami Dolphins are seeking ways to improve their defense, which is why Koa Misi finds himself at middle linebacker during the team’s offseason practices.
Misi spent his first four NFL seasons mostly at outside linebacker. But coach Joe Philbin believes Misi might be better suited to clogging up the middle for a team that ranked 24th in rushing defense and 21st in yards allowed in 2013.
The switch is an experiment instigated when the Dolphins began offseason workouts. Misi swapped spots with Dannell Ellerbe, who moved from the middle to the outside in Miami’s 4-3 scheme.
Wherever he plays, the 6-foot-3, 254-pound Misi wins praise for sound fundamentals. He’s considered a sure tackler and good run stopper.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Caught On Cam: Thief Snatches Purse From Car Outside Day Care
- Vice President Joe Biden Considering Presidential Run?
- Florida Starts Selling Bear Hunt Permits Despite Challenge
- Another Debate Looms About Guns On Campus
- MDCPS Test Kitchen Reveals New Healthy, Nutritious Lunches For Students