Dolphins Experiment With Koa Misi At MLB
DAVIE (AP) – The Miami Dolphins are seeking ways to improve their defense, which is why Koa Misi finds himself at middle linebacker during the team’s offseason practices.
Misi spent his first four NFL seasons mostly at outside linebacker. But coach Joe Philbin believes Misi might be better suited to clogging up the middle for a team that ranked 24th in rushing defense and 21st in yards allowed in 2013.
The switch is an experiment instigated when the Dolphins began offseason workouts. Misi swapped spots with Dannell Ellerbe, who moved from the middle to the outside in Miami’s 4-3 scheme.
Wherever he plays, the 6-foot-3, 254-pound Misi wins praise for sound fundamentals. He’s considered a sure tackler and good run stopper.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ‘Fair DUI’ Creator Arrested At DUI Checkpoint
- Critics Take Aim At Juvenile-Detention Firm
- Tropical Storm Fred Hanging On
- Family Of Man Tased To Death By Coconut Creek Police File Lawsuit vs. City, Cops
- Child Riding Bike Hospitalized After Hit & Run In Coral Gables