CORAL GABLES (CBSMiami/Miami Herald) – Police in Coral Gables are searching for the driver of an SUV that ended up in the fountain at the Village of Merrick Park.
The late-model Nissan Pathfinder shocked Sunday morning shoppers, reported CBS4 news partner, The Miami Herald.
According to police, the Nissan hit a curb at 2 a.m. near Ponce De Leon Boulevard and Ruiz Avenue with “such force,” it launched the SUV airborne into the fountain, the paper reported.
Officials at Merrick Park said the damages are estimated at $100,000 because the tiles in the fountain are imported from Spain.
The SUV’s driver was gone as police arrived. Open bottles of Heineken beer, said police.
A crane will be used to get the SUV out of the fountain.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. CBS4 news partner The Miami Herald contributed material for this report.)
- Stolen Trailer Filled With Toys For Kids Battling Cancer Found In Sunrise
- UM Volunteers Help Mentor Young Minds
- Palmer Trinity Student Arrested For Alleged Threats
- Yorkie On The Mend After Being Abandoned At Hollywood Police Department
- ‘Heartless’ Thieves Steal Trailer Filled With Toys For Kids Battling Cancer