TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/NSF) — Term-limited state Rep. Eddy Gonzalez, R-Hialeah, has filed paperwork to run this year for Miami-Dade County property appraiser, according to the county supervisor of elections website.
Gonzalez, who filed the paperwork last week, has served in the House since 2006, most recently chairing the Local & Federal Affairs Committee.
The Miami-Dade property appraiser job opened up earlier this year when Carlos Lopez-Cantera resigned to become lieutenant governor.
Lopez-Cantera also is a former House member.
“The News Service of Florida contributed to this report.”
- Anti-Trump Protesters Take Fight To Local Leaders Who Didn’t Hold Town Hall
- Trump Administration Lifts Federal Guidelines On Transgender Student Bathroom Protections
- Congressional Leaders Pen Letter Asking Feds To Investigate JCC Bomb Threats
- Reproductive Rights At Forefront Of FIU Rally
- Trump Sends Tillerson To Smooth Tensions With Australia, Mexico