TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/NSF) — Term-limited state Rep. Eddy Gonzalez, R-Hialeah, has filed paperwork to run this year for Miami-Dade County property appraiser, according to the county supervisor of elections website.
Gonzalez, who filed the paperwork last week, has served in the House since 2006, most recently chairing the Local & Federal Affairs Committee.
The Miami-Dade property appraiser job opened up earlier this year when Carlos Lopez-Cantera resigned to become lieutenant governor.
Lopez-Cantera also is a former House member.
“The News Service of Florida contributed to this report.”
- Turkey, Trimming & Tweets: Trump At Mar-A-Lago For Thanksgiving
- ‘He Would Have Been Proud Of Us’: Gold Star Dad Talks Trump Feud & His Son’s Legacy
- Why FCC’s Proposed Internet Rules May Spell Trouble Ahead
- Protesters Arrive In Palm Beach Over Trump’s TPS Termination
- Miami Voters Choose Controversial Figure Over Newcomer For Commissioner