TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/NSF) — Term-limited state Rep. Eddy Gonzalez, R-Hialeah, has filed paperwork to run this year for Miami-Dade County property appraiser, according to the county supervisor of elections website.
Gonzalez, who filed the paperwork last week, has served in the House since 2006, most recently chairing the Local & Federal Affairs Committee.
The Miami-Dade property appraiser job opened up earlier this year when Carlos Lopez-Cantera resigned to become lieutenant governor.
Lopez-Cantera also is a former House member.
“The News Service of Florida contributed to this report.”
- ‘Russians Were Trying To Interfere’: Sen. Marco Rubio On DNC Lawsuit Against Russia, WikiLeaks & Trump Campaign
- Former First Lady Barbara Bush’s Body Lies In Repose In Houston
- DNC Sues Russia, Trump Campaign Alleging Collusion
- President Trump Adds Coral Gables Husband-And-Wife Duo To Legal Team
- Congress Releases James Comey’s Memos On Donald Trump