TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/NSF) — Term-limited state Rep. Eddy Gonzalez, R-Hialeah, has filed paperwork to run this year for Miami-Dade County property appraiser, according to the county supervisor of elections website.
Gonzalez, who filed the paperwork last week, has served in the House since 2006, most recently chairing the Local & Federal Affairs Committee.
The Miami-Dade property appraiser job opened up earlier this year when Carlos Lopez-Cantera resigned to become lieutenant governor.
Lopez-Cantera also is a former House member.
“The News Service of Florida contributed to this report.”
- NRA’s Wayne LaPierre Hits Democrats, Media On Gun Control
- Mueller Files New Charges Against Manafort & Gates
- Trump Considers Arming Teachers, Politicos & Law Enforcement Say Not So Fast
- Bondi Meets Trump Over School Safety, Working To Strengthen Baker Act
- Margaret Brennan Named Host Of CBS’ ‘Face the Nation’