TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/NSF) — Term-limited state Rep. Eddy Gonzalez, R-Hialeah, has filed paperwork to run this year for Miami-Dade County property appraiser, according to the county supervisor of elections website.
Gonzalez, who filed the paperwork last week, has served in the House since 2006, most recently chairing the Local & Federal Affairs Committee.
The Miami-Dade property appraiser job opened up earlier this year when Carlos Lopez-Cantera resigned to become lieutenant governor.
Lopez-Cantera also is a former House member.
“The News Service of Florida contributed to this report.”
- Trump Slams Press Over ‘New Intelligence Leak’ Against AG Sessions
- President Donald J. Trump’s Weekly Address & Democratic Response
- Kushner Discloses Additional $10M In Assets
- Report: AG Jeff Sessions Did Discuss 2016 Campaign With Russia Ambassador
- Spicer Resigns As White House Press Secretary, Sanders Steps In