TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/NSF) — Term-limited state Rep. Eddy Gonzalez, R-Hialeah, has filed paperwork to run this year for Miami-Dade County property appraiser, according to the county supervisor of elections website.
Gonzalez, who filed the paperwork last week, has served in the House since 2006, most recently chairing the Local & Federal Affairs Committee.
The Miami-Dade property appraiser job opened up earlier this year when Carlos Lopez-Cantera resigned to become lieutenant governor.
Lopez-Cantera also is a former House member.
“The News Service of Florida contributed to this report.”
- ‘We Are Going To Move On’: Speaker Ryan After Pulling GOP Healthcare Bill
- Florida Jobless Rate Flat Even Though State Lost Jobs
- Ivanka Trump: A White House Force, But Not An ‘Employee’
- Trump Administration Approves Keystone XL Pipeline
- Several Florida Representatives To Vote ‘No’ On GOP Health Care Plan