MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A small handful of the dogs rescued from a home in Hialeah Friday are getting help from Big Dog Ranch Rescue in Wellington.
The founder of the animal shelter traveled to Miami Saturday and rescued 10 emaciated and mange-covered dogs, reported CBS4 news partner, The Miami Herald.
The dogs were part of 51 dogs discovered in a Hialeah home when police were investigating the natural death of a man.
They were taken to the Miami-Dade Animal Services facility, but there was not enough room for all of them.
The Big Dog Ranch Rescue plans to take another 10 of the dogs soon.
Most of the dogs are dachshund mixes.
For more information on adopting a pet, click here.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. CBS4 news partner The Miami Herald contributed material for this report.)
- Exclusive: Man Accused Of Impregnating 10-Year-Old Now In Custody
- Stash Of Illegal Fireworks An Accident Waiting To Happen
- Father of Gun Violence Victim Says He Still Sees Positive In Life
- Fireworks & Fido Don’t Mix, But Now A Drug Can Help
- Death Row Inmate In Notorious Murder Case Asks To Be Released Before Re-Trial