Heat To Face San Antonio Spurs In NBA Finals
MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) – The Miami Heat will face the San Antonio Spurs in the NBA Finals.
It’s the Spurs and the Heat in the NBA Finals for the second straight season, with San Antonio punching its ticket by beating Oklahoma City 112-107 in overtime in Game 6 of the Western Conference finals Saturday night.
Miami eliminated Indiana in Game 6 of the East series Friday night. The Heat topped the Spurs in a classic seven-game series a year ago for their second consecutive championship.
The last Finals rematch came in 1998, when Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls topped the Utah Jazz for the second straight season.
Game 1 is Thursday night in San Antonio.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Helin: Miami Heat Could Target Kaminsky, Booker in Draft
- Winderman: No. 10 Pick Gives Riley ‘Extra Chip in His Pocket’
- Bowen: Doc Rivers Can Learn From Pat Riley
- Whiteside on NBA 2K: ‘I Still Can’t Dunk’
- Miami Heat 2015 NBA Mock Draft Compilation 1.0