CORAL GABLES (AP) — Freshman left-hander Dylan Dusek scattered four hits over eight innings as Texas Tech defeated Miami 3-0 on Saturday night in a winners’ bracket game in the Coral Gables regional.
Dusek (7-0) set a career high for innings pitched while striking out three and walking one for Texas Tech (42-18). Corey Taylor pitched the ninth and earned his second save.
Chris Diaz (9-1) suffered his first loss of the season for the Hurricanes, who have scored just one run in two tournament games — on a passed ball in the ninth to beat Bethune-Cookman on Friday. Dale Carey, who came into hitting .312 on the season, went 0 for 4 and stranded seven runners against Texas Tech.
The Hurricanes will face Bethune-Cookman in an elimination game Sunday. The winner will face Texas Tech in the nightcap.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Heat Can’t Hold Lead As Portland Rolls To 102-95 Win
- Channing Crowder’s 6th Annual Holiday Toy Drive
- Miami Marlins Trade Marcell Ozuna To Cardinals
- Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross’ RISE Program Hosts Local High School Students At Hard Rock Stadium
- Dolphins’ Xavien Howard Named AFC Defensive Player Of The Week