Dusek Pitches Texas Tech Past Miami 3-0
CORAL GABLES (AP) — Freshman left-hander Dylan Dusek scattered four hits over eight innings as Texas Tech defeated Miami 3-0 on Saturday night in a winners’ bracket game in the Coral Gables regional.
Dusek (7-0) set a career high for innings pitched while striking out three and walking one for Texas Tech (42-18). Corey Taylor pitched the ninth and earned his second save.
Chris Diaz (9-1) suffered his first loss of the season for the Hurricanes, who have scored just one run in two tournament games — on a passed ball in the ninth to beat Bethune-Cookman on Friday. Dale Carey, who came into hitting .312 on the season, went 0 for 4 and stranded seven runners against Texas Tech.
The Hurricanes will face Bethune-Cookman in an elimination game Sunday. The winner will face Texas Tech in the nightcap.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Florida Panthers Continue Their Push, Hoping To Gain Ground
- Hawks Beat Heat 99-86, Clinch Top Seed In Eastern Conference
- Keidel: Mind Games Have Begun For Mayweather-Pacquiao Bout
- 30 Players: Iglesias Could Arrive Sooner Than Expected As Reds Starter
- 15-Year Old Tennis Phenom Advances At Miami Open