CORAL SPRINGS (CBSMiami) – A near tragedy in Coral Springs when a two-year-old child was found by his grandfather in a backyard pool.
The boy was rushed to the hospital. Doctors were able get a pulse and the child was breathing with assistance.
Friday night, officials said the boy was at Broward General Hospital in very serious condition.
The child’s grandfather was watching the boy and the child’s one-year-old cousin.
“He turned away, didn’t see the kids, looked back and found the one-year-old by the slider which was partially opened toward the back of the house,” explained Coral Springs Police Sgt. Carla Kmiotek.
That’s when he made the horrifying discovery that the two-year-old was in the water.
“He looked into the pool and saw the two-year-old inside the safety gate which was around the pool and floating face down,” said Sgt. Kmiotek.
The grandfather sprang into action, performing CPR while a neighbor called for help.
The boy’s parents weren’t home because they were at the hospital because they had just had another child.
“The mother had a baby last night, so she was not here and the grandfather’s trying to help out and watch the other child,” said Sgt. Kmiotek.
Neighbors are taking it hard too, knowing the young family was celebrating the birth of one child, while nearly losing another.
“I can’t imagine, I’m watching my grandson now,” said a neighbor.”
- Key West Woman Arrested After Misusing 911 And Fleeing From Police For Over 50 Miles
- Power Outage At Atlanta International Airport Halts Flights Across The Country
- Over 300 Passengers Return From Cruise With Stomach Issues
- Report: Ambushed US Soldier La David Johnson Wasn’t Captured In Niger
- 3 People Hurt, 2 Horses Killed After Truck Strikes Group Of Riders