MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Certain areas of a popular South Florida park will be temporarily closed to remediate findings of subsurface arsenic.
The Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department is temporarily restricting public access to certain areas of Hammocks Community Park.
Soil sampling prompted the park’s closure and an environmental contractor has been secured to begin cleanup efforts and also make additional improvements, including the addition of parking.
The sampling was done by the county’s Department of Regulatory and Economic Resources, Division of Environmental Resources Management and Miami-Dade Parks.
Work on the park began on Thursday and the areas will be closed until further notice.
- Man Pulled From Water After Driving Off MacArthur Causeway
- Pence Plane Slides Off Runway At NYC’s Laguardia Airport
- Miami-Dade Police Responding To Officer-Involved Shooting In Homestead
- Plantation Family Wins Fight Against City To Keep Up ‘Extreme Christmas’ Display
- Hillary Clinton To Join JLO For Her Miami Concert