Soil Sampling Prompts Partial Closure Of Hammocks Community Park
Get Breaking News First
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Certain areas of a popular South Florida park will be temporarily closed to remediate findings of subsurface arsenic.
The Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department is temporarily restricting public access to certain areas of Hammocks Community Park.
Soil sampling prompted the park’s closure and an environmental contractor has been secured to begin cleanup efforts and also make additional improvements, including the addition of parking.
The sampling was done by the county’s Department of Regulatory and Economic Resources, Division of Environmental Resources Management and Miami-Dade Parks.
Work on the park began on Thursday and the areas will be closed until further notice.
- CBS4 Investigates: No Criminal Charges For A Death In Paradise
- Miami Fire Rescue Lieutenant Arrested For Solicitation Of Minor
- Four Arrested In Connection To Autistic Child’s Death
- Mother Of South Florida Journalist Held By ISIS Makes Plea To Leader
- Cristobal To Pass Northwest Of Bermuda Thursday Morning