MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) — Two groups are trying to get information about Cuban Exiles detained on the communist island for an alleged terrorist plot.
National Committee to Free the Cuban Five and the Answer Coalition filed Freedom of Information Act requests to the U.S. government.
The requests were filed with the FBI, CIA and State Department. Attorneys representing the groups were scheduled to hold a news conference Thursday, May 29th in Miami about the issue.
Cuba announced earlier this month that four Cuban exiles from Miami were arrested for planning what authorities called “terrorist actions” against military targets on the island. They were the first such arrests in years.
The groups also seek information any support the men had within the U.S. for their purported mission.
Miami exiles cited by Cuba as backers deny any connection.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Broward Circuit Judge Berates Female Inmate in Wheelchair
- Broward Sheriff Scott Israel To Face No-Confidence Vote
- Cypress Creek Could Undergo Bold Revitalization
- FAA Orders More Engine Inspections After Southwest Accident
- ‘Russians Were Trying To Interfere’: Sen. Marco Rubio On DNC Lawsuit Against Russia, WikiLeaks & Trump Campaign