NASSAU, BAHAMAS (CBSMiami/AP) – Authorities in the Bahamas are investigating a boating accident that left a 25-year-old from Key Biscayne dead.
Paloma de Mazieres was killed when the boat she was in struck a reef known as Turtle Rock off South Bimini on Sunday night, according to the Royal Bahamas Police Force.
De Mazieres, on impact, was ejected from the vessel and was taken to Alice Town Clinic in Bimini where she was pronounced dead.
The circumstances of the accident are under investigation and an autopsy was planned for later this week, said Inspector Jeff Adderley. No arrests have been made.
The accident occurred off Bimini, a small cluster of islands about 50 miles east of Florida.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Touching Tribute To Local Veterans During Honor Flight South Florida
- Disturbing Sex Trend ‘Stealthing’ Raising Legal & Ethical Concerns
- Exclusive: Angry Mom Demands Justice After Daughter’s Encounter With Miami Cop
- BSO: Murder Charge For Man Who Slammed Baby’s Head Against Bedpost
- Fyre Fest In Bahamas Fizzles, Concert Goers Stranded