POMPANO BEACH (CBSMiami) — A deadly crash shut down Dixie Highway in Pompano Beach for several hours Sunday evening.
A man, identified by Broward Sheriff’s Office as 45-year-old Scott James Tibus, lost his life when his car flipped over, throwing him from the vehicle.
Witnesses who saw the crash said it was like watching a movie.
“It’s like some movie stuff,” said Lorenzo John.
John got a first-hand look at the crash after the car involved in the crash rear-ended him.
John said after he was clipped, Tibus’s 1999 silver Chevrolet Malibu lost control and started driving into on-coming traffic. The runaway car almost hit Charlotte Walker Graham.
“It could have been me that he hit,” said Walker. “He just ended up hitting the other car. I’m going to go home, tell my husband I love him, and appreciate life a little bit more.”
The car eventually hit a tree. The impact threw the man from the car.
A nearby resident who didn’t want to identified told CBS4 he tried to help the dying man.
“I asked him like two or three times is he alright, but he didn’t respond,” said the neighbor.
No one else involved in the crash was hurt.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office has not said whether speed or alcohol were factors in the crash.
- The Neighborhood Boom: Allapattah’s Diversity Key To Its Fast-Pace Growth
- Judge: Dr. Phil Interview Of ‘Cannibal Killer’ Must Be Released
- Police Find Teen Shot In Leg Near Sunny Isles Condo Complex
- Miami Springs Team Wins People’s Choice For Best Burger At SOBE Wine & Food Festival
- Survivors & Friends Find Pulse Shooting Reenactment ‘Disgusting’