Fisherman Finds Missing Kayaker’s Body Off Broward Coast
FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A South Florida fisherman made a disturbing catch on Sunday, the body of a dead diver.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, a fisherman discovered the body of a man floating in the ocean about a half mile offshore, northeast of the Dania Beach Pier on Sunday afternoon.
The body was identified as missing kayaker David Lemonds, 48, of Aiken, South Carolina
He immediately notified authorities.
A Broward Sheriff’s Office marine unit retrieved the body, which was clad in SCUBA gear and had a dive tank.
BSO homicide detectives are investigating the death.
The Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office will positively identify the remains and determine cause and manner of death.
- 2 To Face Murder Charges After Police Find Concealed Body
- Spanish-Language TV Network Interviews Bush On Wide Range Of Topics
- Police: Man Kills Sister Over Electric Bill
- Family, Friends Pass Out Flyers For Missing Fort Lauderdale Man
- Missing Miami Diver’s Body Recovered