Fisherman Finds Missing Kayaker’s Body Off Broward Coast
FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A South Florida fisherman made a disturbing catch on Sunday, the body of a dead diver.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, a fisherman discovered the body of a man floating in the ocean about a half mile offshore, northeast of the Dania Beach Pier on Sunday afternoon.
The body was identified as missing kayaker David Lemonds, 48, of Aiken, South Carolina
He immediately notified authorities.
A Broward Sheriff’s Office marine unit retrieved the body, which was clad in SCUBA gear and had a dive tank.
BSO homicide detectives are investigating the death.
The Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office will positively identify the remains and determine cause and manner of death.
- Fire Forces Eight From Hialeah Home
- MDPD: Off-Duty Correctional Officer Shot In SW Miami-Dade
- “Poncho” The Croc Caught In Gables Canal Dies After Being Trapped
- Parents Charged With Leaving Kids In Casino Parking Released
- Scott To Pitch New Round Of Tax Cuts As Tag Fees Drop