FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A South Florida fisherman made a disturbing catch on Sunday, the body of a dead diver.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, a fisherman discovered the body of a man floating in the ocean about a half mile offshore, northeast of the Dania Beach Pier on Sunday afternoon.
The body was identified as missing kayaker David Lemonds, 48, of Aiken, South Carolina
He immediately notified authorities.
A Broward Sheriff’s Office marine unit retrieved the body, which was clad in SCUBA gear and had a dive tank.
BSO homicide detectives are investigating the death.
The Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office will positively identify the remains and determine cause and manner of death.
- Florida’s Election Chief Says Voting Started ‘Smoothly’
- Miami’s Congressional Seat 26 One Of Nation’s Most Competitive
- Amendment 4 Would Make Solar Cheaper For Property Owners
- Sports Car Hangs Off I-95 Barrier After Bizarre Crash
- Mother Of Girl Left Brain Dead After Shooting Asks For Help