FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A South Florida fisherman made a disturbing catch on Sunday, the body of a dead diver.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, a fisherman discovered the body of a man floating in the ocean about a half mile offshore, northeast of the Dania Beach Pier on Sunday afternoon.
The body was identified as missing kayaker David Lemonds, 48, of Aiken, South Carolina
He immediately notified authorities.
A Broward Sheriff’s Office marine unit retrieved the body, which was clad in SCUBA gear and had a dive tank.
BSO homicide detectives are investigating the death.
The Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office will positively identify the remains and determine cause and manner of death.
- Passengers Injured In Turbulence, Diverted To Ft. Lauderdale
- Camera Catches Thief Linked To 3 Car Burglaries, Including Marked Police SUV
- Bank Robbery Suspect Caught On I-95 In Deerfield Beach
- 16 Residents Displaced After Lightning Strike Sets Complex On Fire
- Publix Issues Recall For Wheatberry Salad Over Listeria Concerns