FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A South Florida fisherman made a disturbing catch on Sunday, the body of a dead diver.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, a fisherman discovered the body of a man floating in the ocean about a half mile offshore, northeast of the Dania Beach Pier on Sunday afternoon.
The body was identified as missing kayaker David Lemonds, 48, of Aiken, South Carolina
He immediately notified authorities.
A Broward Sheriff’s Office marine unit retrieved the body, which was clad in SCUBA gear and had a dive tank.
BSO homicide detectives are investigating the death.
The Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office will positively identify the remains and determine cause and manner of death.
- 7.1 Magnitude Earthquake Rattles Mexico City
- Potentially Catastrophic Hurricane Maria Encroaching On Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico
- Hurricane Jose Staying East Of U.S. Coast, Forecast To Weaken
- ‘I Wanted To Kill Him’: Mom On Teacher Accused Of Trying To Seduce Student
- Apartment Residents Camp Out In Parking Lot After Buildings Condemned