FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A South Florida fisherman made a disturbing catch on Sunday, the body of a dead diver.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, a fisherman discovered the body of a man floating in the ocean about a half mile offshore, northeast of the Dania Beach Pier on Sunday afternoon.
The body was identified as missing kayaker David Lemonds, 48, of Aiken, South Carolina
He immediately notified authorities.
A Broward Sheriff’s Office marine unit retrieved the body, which was clad in SCUBA gear and had a dive tank.
BSO homicide detectives are investigating the death.
The Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office will positively identify the remains and determine cause and manner of death.
- Broward Parents Ask For Public’s Help To Find Missing 10-Year-Old
- Perez Art Museum Miami Hosts Argentine Artist Julio Le Parc
- Dade Bust Ends In Arrests, Discovery Of Deadly Drug
- Judge Sentences Driver To 5 Years In Prison For Deadly DUI Accident
- Deputies Disarm Woman Threatening To Kill Baby With Knife