FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A South Florida fisherman made a disturbing catch on Sunday, the body of a dead diver.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, a fisherman discovered the body of a man floating in the ocean about a half mile offshore, northeast of the Dania Beach Pier on Sunday afternoon.
The body was identified as missing kayaker David Lemonds, 48, of Aiken, South Carolina
He immediately notified authorities.
A Broward Sheriff’s Office marine unit retrieved the body, which was clad in SCUBA gear and had a dive tank.
BSO homicide detectives are investigating the death.
The Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office will positively identify the remains and determine cause and manner of death.
- Charges Dropped Against Accused Rabbi Killer
- Trump’s Interior Nominee Zinke Urges Array Of Uses For Federal Lands
- Cubans Bemoan End Of ‘Wet Foot, Dry Foot’ Immigration Policy
- Civil Rights ‘Legend’ Rep. John Lewis Speaks To Students About Fight For Equality
- Firefighter Who Tried To Save Key Largo Workers No Longer In Coma