FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A South Florida fisherman made a disturbing catch on Sunday, the body of a dead diver.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, a fisherman discovered the body of a man floating in the ocean about a half mile offshore, northeast of the Dania Beach Pier on Sunday afternoon.
The body was identified as missing kayaker David Lemonds, 48, of Aiken, South Carolina
He immediately notified authorities.
A Broward Sheriff’s Office marine unit retrieved the body, which was clad in SCUBA gear and had a dive tank.
BSO homicide detectives are investigating the death.
The Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office will positively identify the remains and determine cause and manner of death.
- Miami Sheds Clothes For Cupid’s Undie Run
- 102 Pythons Caught As Snake Hunt Enters Final Weekend
- Hillary Clinton Cancels Palm Beach Pit Stop, Bill To Speak Instead
- 85 Couples Renew Vows On Eve Of Valentine’s Day
- Teenager Shot In Leg Inside Little Havana Market