MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Pin-up photographer and model Bunny Yeager has died at a North Miami hospice. She was 85 years old.
Yeager’s agent, Ed Christin, says the photographer died Sunday after being in the hospice for about a week.
Yeager was most famous for photographing the then-unknown Bettie Page in the 1950s.
Yeager was known for making everyday women feel comfortable enough to bare it all. Her photos of Page in a leopard-print swimsuit next to a real cheetah are still well-known today.
She published about a dozen books and her work has been displayed in art galleries worldwide. Besides the iconic Page photos, Yeager also shot stills of Swedish actress Ursula Andress, who starred in the 1962 James Bond film “Dr. No” in a white bikini, a knife sheathed at her side.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Miami Springs Team Wins People’s Choice For Best Burger At SOBE Wine & Food Festival
- SOBE Wine & Food Festival Tents Host Trade Day Before Public Opening
- ‘Moonlight’ Stars Get Ready For The Oscars
- SOBE Wine & Food Fest Kicks Off With Incredible Italian Cuisine
- Taste Of The Town: Mimi’s Ravioli Brings Slice Of Italy To Hollywood