MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Pin-up photographer and model Bunny Yeager has died at a North Miami hospice. She was 85 years old.
Yeager’s agent, Ed Christin, says the photographer died Sunday after being in the hospice for about a week.
Yeager was most famous for photographing the then-unknown Bettie Page in the 1950s.
Yeager was known for making everyday women feel comfortable enough to bare it all. Her photos of Page in a leopard-print swimsuit next to a real cheetah are still well-known today.
She published about a dozen books and her work has been displayed in art galleries worldwide. Besides the iconic Page photos, Yeager also shot stills of Swedish actress Ursula Andress, who starred in the 1962 James Bond film “Dr. No” in a white bikini, a knife sheathed at her side.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Report: Orlando Theme Parks Enjoy Big Attendance Increase In 2015
- Judge Denies Gawker’s Request For New Trial In Hogan Sex Tape Case
- Meet David Korins, The Man Behind The Look Of ‘Hamilton’
- Bill Cosby Ordered To Stand Trial In Decade-Old Sex Case
- Prince Estate Claimants Object To Undergoing Genetic Testing