MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Pin-up photographer and model Bunny Yeager has died at a North Miami hospice. She was 85 years old.
Yeager’s agent, Ed Christin, says the photographer died Sunday after being in the hospice for about a week.
Yeager was most famous for photographing the then-unknown Bettie Page in the 1950s.
Yeager was known for making everyday women feel comfortable enough to bare it all. Her photos of Page in a leopard-print swimsuit next to a real cheetah are still well-known today.
She published about a dozen books and her work has been displayed in art galleries worldwide. Besides the iconic Page photos, Yeager also shot stills of Swedish actress Ursula Andress, who starred in the 1962 James Bond film “Dr. No” in a white bikini, a knife sheathed at her side.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Epcot’s Spaceship Earth Goes ‘Rogue’ And Becomes The Death Star
- Barbra Streisand’s Co-Director Opens Up To CBS4
- Trump Tweets SNL Is “Totally Biased, Not Funny” After Skit About His Tweeting
- Madonna Slams Trump At Miami Show, Raises $7.5M For Africa
- Two Titans Of The Design World Unveil Bal Harbour Collaboration During Art Basel