MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Pin-up photographer and model Bunny Yeager has died at a North Miami hospice. She was 85 years old.
Yeager’s agent, Ed Christin, says the photographer died Sunday after being in the hospice for about a week.
Yeager was most famous for photographing the then-unknown Bettie Page in the 1950s.
Yeager was known for making everyday women feel comfortable enough to bare it all. Her photos of Page in a leopard-print swimsuit next to a real cheetah are still well-known today.
She published about a dozen books and her work has been displayed in art galleries worldwide. Besides the iconic Page photos, Yeager also shot stills of Swedish actress Ursula Andress, who starred in the 1962 James Bond film “Dr. No” in a white bikini, a knife sheathed at her side.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Copperfield Returns To Stand In British Man Injury Lawsuit
- For Meghan Markle, The Road To Windsor Castle Started In Windsor Hills, California
- Grammy Nominated EDM DJ Avicii Dead At 28
- Survivor Castoff Libby Vincek Speaks Out
- Meghan Markle’s Rise From Child Activist To Global Star To Future Royal Explored In CBS News Special