Sizzling Forecast For The Holiday Weekend
Get Breaking News First
Send Us Your Pictures
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — The Memorial Day weekend will be nice, but extremely warm for South Florida.
The average high is typically around 88 degrees. High temperatures inland Saturday afternoon could reach the lower 90s with heat index values closer to 100 degrees.
The winds will be out of the southeast providing a gentle breeze with sea breezes kicking in through the late afternoon.
So far, it appears to be a dry day with the only chances of some rain showing up deep inland.
Sunday holds a better chance of an afternoon thunderstorm, again mostly inland.
High temperatures Sunday will also top out near 91 degrees.
The Memorial Day forecast remains nice in the morning with the heat building for the afternoon and highs near 90. Expect spotty storms with increasing rain chances after the holiday.
You can follow @bayscroggins on Twitter or “like” Meteorologist Bay Scroggins on Facebook for weather updates.
- Meteorologists Watching Tropical Wave In Atlantic
- Study: Slightest Change Can Thwart Hurricane Season Forecasts
- Tropical Depression #2 Degenerates Into Tropical Wave
- TD #2 Expected To Weaken As It Approaches Lesser Antilles
- Heavy Rains Flood Parts Of W Miami-Dade Neighborhood