LAUDERHILL (CBSMiami) – Several people had to be evacuated from their homes Saturday morning and an officer treated for smoke inhalation due to an apartment fire.
The fire happened in Lauderhill at a four-story apartment building.
All of the residents were evacuated, officials said and five residents are displaced and receiving assistance from the Red Cross.
Firefighters said the fire began in one of the apartment’s back bedrooms.
They were able to contain the fire to the one unit.
It isn’t clear how the fire started.
The officer is expected to be okay.
- Large Protest Taking Place In Downtown Miami Over Immigration
- Exclusive: Body Cam Footage Of Man Arrested, Found With Loaded Assault Weapons
- FPL Customers Off The Hook For FPL’s Hurricane Irma Recovery Costs
- Environmentalists Suffer Setback In Battle Over Walmart Site On Sensitive Lands
- Former ‘Officer Of The Year’ Found Guilty Of Extortion