LAUDERHILL (CBSMiami) – Several people had to be evacuated from their homes Saturday morning and an officer treated for smoke inhalation due to an apartment fire.
The fire happened in Lauderhill at a four-story apartment building.
All of the residents were evacuated, officials said and five residents are displaced and receiving assistance from the Red Cross.
Firefighters said the fire began in one of the apartment’s back bedrooms.
They were able to contain the fire to the one unit.
It isn’t clear how the fire started.
The officer is expected to be okay.
- Florida Gov: ‘4 People Likely Have Zika As A Result Of Mosquito Bite’
- Combi USA Recalls Thousands Of Child Car Seats
- FBI: Fugitive Arrested Nearly 40 Years After Florida Killing
- Court Sides With School In Prom Breathalyzer Dispute
- State’s Primary Blood Center Now Testing Donations For Zika Virus