LAUDERHILL (CBSMiami) – Several people had to be evacuated from their homes Saturday morning and an officer treated for smoke inhalation due to an apartment fire.
The fire happened in Lauderhill at a four-story apartment building.
All of the residents were evacuated, officials said and five residents are displaced and receiving assistance from the Red Cross.
Firefighters said the fire began in one of the apartment’s back bedrooms.
They were able to contain the fire to the one unit.
It isn’t clear how the fire started.
The officer is expected to be okay.
- Miami Police Need Help Locating Missing 21-Year-Old Woman
- Doting Husband Praises Wife’s Attempt To Fend Off Lauderhill Attacker
- Man Wanted In Miami Beach Woman’s Murder Found Dead
- Bush & Rubio Fall Short, Battle For Third In New Hampshire Primary
- Police Arrest Accused Dadeland Mall Flasher