LAUDERHILL (CBSMiami) – Several people had to be evacuated from their homes Saturday morning and an officer treated for smoke inhalation due to an apartment fire.
The fire happened in Lauderhill at a four-story apartment building.
All of the residents were evacuated, officials said and five residents are displaced and receiving assistance from the Red Cross.
Firefighters said the fire began in one of the apartment’s back bedrooms.
They were able to contain the fire to the one unit.
It isn’t clear how the fire started.
The officer is expected to be okay.
- House Races To Watch In 2016
- $24 Million In Cash Discovered In Miami-Dade Police Raid
- Federal Judge Seems Leery Of New Abortion Law
- Florida’s Budget, New Laws Begin July 1
- Parkland Restaurant Holding Fundraiser To Help Orlando Mass Shooting Victims