LAUDERHILL (CBSMiami) – Several people had to be evacuated from their homes Saturday morning and an officer treated for smoke inhalation due to an apartment fire.
The fire happened in Lauderhill at a four-story apartment building.
All of the residents were evacuated, officials said and five residents are displaced and receiving assistance from the Red Cross.
Firefighters said the fire began in one of the apartment’s back bedrooms.
They were able to contain the fire to the one unit.
It isn’t clear how the fire started.
The officer is expected to be okay.
- Shots Fired On Florida Turnpike, Bullet Hits Highway Patrol Vehicle
- Miami-Dade, Broward To Fix, Retrofit 16 Bridges
- Parents Of MSD Victim Criticize Superintendent For Lack Of Action, Transparency After Shooting
- Driver Fleeing Police Causes Six-Vehicle Crash In Sunrise
- Report: Miami To Be Part Of NFL’s New Super Bowl Rotation