LAUDERHILL (CBSMiami) – Several people had to be evacuated from their homes Saturday morning and an officer treated for smoke inhalation due to an apartment fire.
The fire happened in Lauderhill at a four-story apartment building.
All of the residents were evacuated, officials said and five residents are displaced and receiving assistance from the Red Cross.
Firefighters said the fire began in one of the apartment’s back bedrooms.
They were able to contain the fire to the one unit.
It isn’t clear how the fire started.
The officer is expected to be okay.
- Trump Faces Cuba Questions
- Police: Suspected Burglar Targeted Tented Homes Under Fumigation
- CBS4 Exclusive: Police Say Mail Thief Caught On Camera May Have Victims In At Least 3 Cities
- Hurricane Matthew Heading Toward Central Caribbean Sea
- Clinton To Make South Florida Stop Friday