LAUDERHILL (CBSMiami) – Several people had to be evacuated from their homes Saturday morning and an officer treated for smoke inhalation due to an apartment fire.
The fire happened in Lauderhill at a four-story apartment building.
All of the residents were evacuated, officials said and five residents are displaced and receiving assistance from the Red Cross.
Firefighters said the fire began in one of the apartment’s back bedrooms.
They were able to contain the fire to the one unit.
It isn’t clear how the fire started.
The officer is expected to be okay.
- Boca Raton City Council: We Won’t Change Holiday Display Policy
- VP Pence To Meet With Venezuelan Exiles In Doral
- ‘No Obvious Causes Of Death’ For 44-Year-Old Elephant At Zoo Miami
- Miami Beach Makes Changes In Wake Of Deadly Barcelona Attack
- Police: Burger King Brawl Turns Into Shooting Near Bird Road