Lauderhill Fire Damages Apartment Building
LAUDERHILL (CBSMiami) – Several people had to be evacuated from their homes Saturday morning and an officer treated for smoke inhalation due to an apartment fire.
The fire happened in Lauderhill at a four-story apartment building.
All of the residents were evacuated, officials said and five residents are displaced and receiving assistance from the Red Cross.
Firefighters said the fire began in one of the apartment’s back bedrooms.
They were able to contain the fire to the one unit.
It isn’t clear how the fire started.
The officer is expected to be okay.
- Broward, Dade, Palm Beach County To Resume FSA Testing Thursday
- Sheriff’s Support Gives Boost To Evacuation Gun Bill
- Florida Man Arrested In UAE Over Facebook Posts About Job
- Ivanka Trump Talks South Florida, Golf & Women Who Work
- Justices Asked To Order Redrawn Congressional Districts