MIAMI (CBSMiami) –A Broward County judge accused of driving drunk and injuring a young man in an accident has been suspended from the bench without pay while an investigation into her actions moves forward.
The Florida Supreme Court handed down the ruling regarding Judge Gisele Pollack on Friday, May 23rd.
Pollack was arrested earlier this month for driving under the influence in Broward County.
According to the Florida Supreme Court, Pollack admitted that she got into the accident after leaving a substance abuse program.
Court documents also show that Pollack admitted to being drunk while on the bench twice in the past year.
The Florida Supreme Court is continuing to investigate the case.
- Miami-Dade, Broward To Fix, Retrofit 16 Bridges
- Parents Of MSD Victim Criticize Superintendent For Lack Of Action, Transparency After Shooting
- Driver Fleeing Police Causes Six-Vehicle Crash In Sunrise
- Report: Miami To Be Part Of NFL’s New Super Bowl Rotation
- Surveillance Video Captures Thefts Of Two Jet Skis During Daylight Hours