MIAMI (CBSMiami) –A Broward County judge accused of driving drunk and injuring a young man in an accident has been suspended from the bench without pay while an investigation into her actions moves forward.
The Florida Supreme Court handed down the ruling regarding Judge Gisele Pollack on Friday, May 23rd.
Pollack was arrested earlier this month for driving under the influence in Broward County.
According to the Florida Supreme Court, Pollack admitted that she got into the accident after leaving a substance abuse program.
Court documents also show that Pollack admitted to being drunk while on the bench twice in the past year.
The Florida Supreme Court is continuing to investigate the case.
- Halle Berry Steals The Show At ‘Kidnap’ Red Carpet On South Beach
- Another Campaign Death Threat In Senate District 40 Special Election
- Son Of Missing Coral Springs Man To Testify On Capitol Hill Tuesday
- Police Pursuit Of Vehicle ‘Driving Erratically’ Ends In Crash, Non-Contact Shooting
- 4 Teens Arrested After String Of Pharmacy Robberies In Hialeah