MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) – A Swedish cruise passenger is being treated at a Miami hospital after suffering a head injury while aboard a cruise ship.
The 32-year-old passenger was first treated in the medical facility on the Majesty of the Seas ship on Tuesday, according to Cynthia Martinez, Royal Caribbean Director of Communications.
On Wednesday the passenger required “additional and urgent medical attention.”
Martinez says the ship altered its course to sail to the closest port—which was Miami. A fire rescue boat brought him to shore.
The Majesty of the Seas continued sailing to Key West, where it was expected to arrive several hours later than scheduled.
It departed Miami on Monday for a four-night cruise that included ports of call to Nassau and CocoCay, Bahamas.
There was no further word on the passenger’s condition.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- FIU Aware Of Crack In Bridge Before It Collapsed
- Miami-Dade State Attorney Says Criminal Charges “Improbable” In FIU Bridge Collapse
- FDOT Not Made Aware Of Any “Stress Testing”, Received Voicemail About Cracks In Bridge
- Bridge Collapse: FIU Freshman Among Victims Killed
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires Ex-FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe