LAKELAND (CBSMiami/AP) — A Lakeland middle school teen was arrested for allegedly putting hand sanitizer inside his teacher’s cup of water.
The Polk County Sheriff’s Office says the 14-year-old boy squirted hand sanitizer into the water when the teacher stepped outside the classroom to talk to the Crystal Lake Middle School dean of students on Tuesday, May 20th.
The arrest affidavit notes that when she returned to her desk, she took a sip of water and noticed that it had a funny taste. She took the lid off the cup and detected the odor of hand sanitizer, which also sits on her desk.
She went to the hospital after experiencing a headache and stomachache.
Two students told investigators they saw the teen put the hand sanitizer into the water.
He was arrested Wednesday, May 22nd.
TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Vandal Leaves Swastikas Keyed Into Cars On Miami Beach
- Witness: “Nothing We Could Do” After Car Burst Into Flames
- Police: Witness Kills Crook During Armed Robbery, 2 Others Arrested
- NFL Player Matthew Elam Arrested In Miami Beach With 126 Grams Of Marijuana
- Tampa’s Vehicles Will Soon Be Able To Talk To Each Other