MIAMI (CBSMiami) – South Florida has come in second on another list it doesn’t want to be on.
According to the National Complete Streets Coalition, our streets are the second most dangerous for pedestrians. Orlando came in number one, while Tampa, Jacksonville and Memphis rounded out the top five. Other cities in the top 10 were Phoenix, Houston, Birmingham, Atlanta, and Charlotte.
Boston, Pittsburgh, Seattle, New York and San Francisco were the metro areas ranked the least dangerous for pedestrians.
The report says Florida transportation officials have been working to improve pedestrian safety since its metro areas were ranked among the worst for pedestrians in years past.
The coalition is a program of Smart Growth America, a research and advocacy group.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Police: Man With AK-47 Opens Fire On Palmetto Expy, Hits Several Cars
- Tiger Woods Blames Prescription Meds For DUI Arrest In Jupiter
- Miami Beach Mayor To Discuss ‘Urban Beach Weekend’ Shootings At Emergency Meeting
- Trump Honors Fallen Soldiers At Arlington National Cemetery
- Robert De Niro: Once Inspiring, US Now Tragic Dumb Comedy