Local Firefighters Grant 3-Year-Old Cancer Patient’s Wish
MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – Three-year-old Scarlett, through her bouts of chemo to battle bone cancer, has made it known that she would love to visit a fire station.
Scarlett, thanks to the Make-a-Wish Southern Florida, spent the day Tuesday alongside firefighters at the Miami Beach Fire Department.
Scarlett spent the day at the fire department, along with her mother and father, with off-duty Firefighter Michael Saavedra and other firefighters at Fire Station 2300 Pine Tree Drive.
The three-year-old was given a chance to sit in a fire truck, fight a fire with a water hose, and was even given a badge.
Scarlett was diagnosed with bone cancer in December of 2013.
Make-A-Wish Southern Florida works to grant wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
To see more pictures of Scarlett’s visit to the fire station, click here.
- Rita Wilson Undergoes Double Mastectomy After Breast Cancer Diagnosis
- Florida Firefighter Finds Pain Relief At UM Health System
- Canned Oxygen Companies Cashing In On Energy Trend
- Cialis Used In Targeted Therapy Of Pre-Surgical Head/Neck Cancers
- Health Officials: International Traveler Had Measles While In South Florida