MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – Three-year-old Scarlett, through her bouts of chemo to battle bone cancer, has made it known that she would love to visit a fire station.
Scarlett, thanks to the Make-a-Wish Southern Florida, spent the day Tuesday alongside firefighters at the Miami Beach Fire Department.
Scarlett spent the day at the fire department, along with her mother and father, with off-duty Firefighter Michael Saavedra and other firefighters at Fire Station 2300 Pine Tree Drive.
The three-year-old was given a chance to sit in a fire truck, fight a fire with a water hose, and was even given a badge.
Scarlett was diagnosed with bone cancer in December of 2013.
Make-A-Wish Southern Florida works to grant wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
To see more pictures of Scarlett’s visit to the fire station, click here.
- What “The Doctors” Learned From Halsey & Kate Bond’s Struggles With Endometriosis
- Heavy Drinking Could Increase ‘Bad’ Bacteria In Mouth, Study Finds
- ‘Tick Explosion’ May Be Coming This Summer, Expert Warns
- Study: Drinking Leads To Build Up Of Bad Bacteria
- Injured Veteran Receives First Total Penis, Scrotum Transplant