“Katharine The Great White Shark” East Of Key Largo
Get Breaking News First
Baby Births At Zoo Miami
FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Boaters off of the Florida Keys may want to be on the lookout for “Katharine the Great White Shark”.
Satellite tracking shows Katharine is swimming her way south due east of Key Largo between the Florida Keys and The Bahamas.
Friday, the large shark was just 25 miles off the coast of Fort Lauderdale.
A few days earlier, she was off the coast of Palm Beach County.
The giant shark was tagged with a satellite tracking device in Cape Cod, Massachusetts.
Scientists are watching her migration.
You can also track Katharine’s movements (and other sharks too) by clicking here.
Marine biologists at Nova Southeastern University do similar tracking.
They track sharks and other sea life hoping to learn more about them to find better ways to help protect them.
- Missing Woman’s Car Found In Miami
- Miami-Dade Nursery Protests Proposed Medical Marijuana Rule
- Steering You Right: Lanes Closed Again On 836 This Week
- Video: Crook Takes Cash From Family Dollar Store
- New Website Offers Quick Car Recall Search