KEY WEST (CBSMiami/AP) — Next month, dozens of long-distance swimmers will compete in an open-water swim around Key West.
Solo swimmers and relay teams of two to six people are eligible to compete in Florida Keys Community College’s annual Swim Around Key West on June 14. The 12.5-mile, open-water swim circumnavigates the island of Key West.
The clockwise route around the island takes swimmers through the waters of the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico, and ends at the starting line at Smathers Beach. Swimmers with or without fins are eligible for the swim.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Ex-Trump Campaign Chairman Facing Allegations He Had Secret Contract With Russian Billionaire
- Security Stepping It Up For This Weekend’s Ultra Music Fest
- Philippe Cousteau Jr. Educating Local Students On World Water Day
- Travelers Heading To London Troubled Over Attack
- ‘Irrational’ MMA Fighter In Custody, School Lockdowns Lifted