JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — The Jacksonville Jaguars have signed two workout rookies, adding safety Jerome Junior and running back Beau Blankenship.
Junior and Blankenship were two of 26 players who worked out during a two-day rookie minicamp that ended Saturday.
The Jaguars waived place-kicker Jeff Budzien and punter Chad Zinchini to make room for the newcomers on the 90-man roster.
The 6-foot-1, 207-pound Junior transferred to Winston-Salem State in 2013 after four years at Connecticut. The Huskies dismissed him for an undisclosed violation of team rules.
The 5-foot-9, 206-pound Blankenship played his freshman season at Iowa State and was a three-year letterman at Ohio. He set a school record with 1,604 yards rushing as a junior and ran for 910 yards and five touchdowns as a senior in 2013.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- NFL Stadiums To Have Fully Digital Ticket Systems In 2018-19 Season
- This Week In Golf: Brooks Koepka Defends U.S. Open Title At Shinnecock Hills
- Latest MLB Power Rankings
- Lakers Forward Kyle Kuzma Thanks ‘The Rock’ For Helping Him Add Muscle This Summer
- Marlins Drop Finale In Baltimore As O’s Snap 9-Game Skid