Crist Opens First Two Miami Offices
MIAMI (CBSMiami)– Former Florida Governor Charlie Crist along with volunteers of the Crist for Governor campaign opened their first two Miami campaign offices on Saturday.
Crist is the democratic candidate for governor, running against Florida Governor Rick Scott.
One of the offices is located in the neighborhood of Little Havana at 2206 SW 8th Street.
The other office is located in Liberty City at 6211 NW 7th Avenue.
His speech to the Little Havana crowd started with criticism of the Cuban embargo. He spoke over a loud chorus of protestors shouting “shame on you”.
His speech to the Little Havana crowd started with criticism of the Cuban embargo. He spoke over a loud chorus of protesters shouting,”shame on you” but Crist and his supporters countered the protesters by chanting back,”We love you.”
“We have to have good voices be heard in Florida again-people that understand that the people in Cuba are suffering.It’s a policy that has not worked. If you really care about people on the island, you need to get rid of the embargo and let freedom ring,” said Crist.
- Child Welfare System Looks To Institute To Help ‘Steer A Course’
- Florida Environmental Protection Secretary Resigns
- Florida Gov., Staff Used Private Email Account For State Business
- Records Show Broad Effort To Funnel Maps Through Public
- Miami-Dade Commission Takes Tilt To Left, Names First-Ever Haitian-American Chair