MIAMI (CBSMiami)– Former Florida Governor Charlie Crist along with volunteers of the Crist for Governor campaign opened their first two Miami campaign offices on Saturday.
Crist is the democratic candidate for governor, running against Florida Governor Rick Scott.
One of the offices is located in the neighborhood of Little Havana at 2206 SW 8th Street.
The other office is located in Liberty City at 6211 NW 7th Avenue.
His speech to the Little Havana crowd started with criticism of the Cuban embargo. He spoke over a loud chorus of protestors shouting “shame on you”.
His speech to the Little Havana crowd started with criticism of the Cuban embargo. He spoke over a loud chorus of protesters shouting,”shame on you” but Crist and his supporters countered the protesters by chanting back,”We love you.”
“We have to have good voices be heard in Florida again-people that understand that the people in Cuba are suffering.It’s a policy that has not worked. If you really care about people on the island, you need to get rid of the embargo and let freedom ring,” said Crist.
- Protesters Arrive In Palm Beach Over Trump’s TPS Termination
- Miami Voters Choose Controversial Figure Over Newcomer For Commissioner
- ‘Think About The Children’: Kids Scared Of Losing Parents In TPS Termination
- Trump Administration Slaps More Sanctions On North Korea
- What Does Net Neutrality Rollback Mean For You?