MIAMI (CBSMiami)– Former Florida Governor Charlie Crist along with volunteers of the Crist for Governor campaign opened their first two Miami campaign offices on Saturday.
Crist is the democratic candidate for governor, running against Florida Governor Rick Scott.
One of the offices is located in the neighborhood of Little Havana at 2206 SW 8th Street.
The other office is located in Liberty City at 6211 NW 7th Avenue.
His speech to the Little Havana crowd started with criticism of the Cuban embargo. He spoke over a loud chorus of protestors shouting “shame on you”.
His speech to the Little Havana crowd started with criticism of the Cuban embargo. He spoke over a loud chorus of protesters shouting,”shame on you” but Crist and his supporters countered the protesters by chanting back,”We love you.”
“We have to have good voices be heard in Florida again-people that understand that the people in Cuba are suffering.It’s a policy that has not worked. If you really care about people on the island, you need to get rid of the embargo and let freedom ring,” said Crist.
- Kim Jong Un Vows To “Tame Mentally Deranged U.S. Dotard With Fire”
- Need Help After Irma? What To Know If FEMA Knocks On Your Door
- ‘Foreign Banks Will Face A Clear Choice’: Trump On Sanctions Against N.Korea
- Sanctuary Cities Ban Proposed In State Senate
- Diplomats Meet On Iran Deal As Trump Stays Mum On Decision